Register to reply

Using equation editor on microsoft word

by DB
Tags: editor, equation, microsoft, word
Share this thread:
DB
Nov23-05, 04:12 PM
P: 501
okay ive installed equation editor on microsoft word, and the only thing i dont know how do to is sub-numbers like [tex]H_2[/tex]. how do i get the "2" as a sub number? i cant find it on the equation toolbar....
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
DB
Nov23-05, 04:52 PM
ive searched and searched but i only found a way to use subscripts in the Field Equation mode (which doesnt even work btw), not in the equation editor.... :(
dduardo
Nov23-05, 05:16 PM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
Try openoffice:

http://www.openoffice.org/

It has a pretty good equation editor:

http://www.openoffice.org/product/math.html

DB
Nov24-05, 09:37 PM
Using equation editor on microsoft word

thanks dduardo, i got openoffice n i typed in a random chemistry equation n id like to know how bring it into either word or open office where i can place it in a lab report. thanks in advance
dduardo
Nov24-05, 10:03 PM
Emeritus
In OpenOffice Writer you can go to Insert->Object->Formula

At the bottom of the program a window will pop up where you can enter you equation. I suggest creating a keyboard shortcut so you can enter equations quickly.
DB
Nov24-05, 10:32 PM
got it :) thanks bro
FredGarvin
Nov25-05, 10:49 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,095
On the tool bar, you need to press the 3rd button from the left in the bottom row (for my set up anyways). It is a rectangle that is checkered with black dots at the upper right and lower right corners. The tool help that comes up is the "subscript and superscript templates." When you press that, another small tool bar shows up. You will see a checkered rectangular box that has a small black box in the position you want the script. In my tool bar, the sub script is top row (of the new box) second from the left. I use it all the time. There are a lot of other options in there.
dduardo
Nov25-05, 11:25 AM
Emeritus
FredGarvin, what are you talking about? Are you talking about Openoffice or Word?
George Jones
Nov25-05, 02:59 PM
Mentor
P: 6,217
Quote Quote by DB
okay ive installed equation editor on microsoft word, and the only thing i dont know how do to is sub-numbers like [tex]H_2[/tex]. how do i get the "2" as a sub number? i cant find it on the equation toolbar....
In Word's equation editor, ctrl-l gives subscripts and ctrl-h gives superscripts.

Regards,
George
FredGarvin
Nov26-05, 11:43 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,095
Quote Quote by dduardo
FredGarvin, what are you talking about? Are you talking about Openoffice or Word?
Microsoft Word's Equation editor. I guess I should have specified that.

Register to reply