How u delete or format ntfs partition

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help on how to delete or format an NTFS partition. They provide their email for further assistance and are advised to right-click on "My Computer" and select "manage". Other options such as using a standalone boot disk or a third party software are also mentioned. It is also noted that the partition that contains the system files cannot be formatted and that using the XP CD-ROM in recovery mode allows for the deletion of all partitions.
HAPPYMAN
hay everyone can u help me. how u delete or format ntfs partition? i need to get it out or format it if u want to Email me it is codename951@yahoo.com

thank bye :cry:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Right click "My computer" select "manage"
When the window comes up
Under "Storage" click "Disk Management" folder
Select partition you want to format in partiton window
Right click for menu

Also you can use a standalone boot disk that came with your drive or you download.

hay NoTime thank but i want to format c: but it will not let me i right click it but the format is blank what do i do

You can't formate the partition you use to boot with, or the partition that has the system files on it from the system itself.
You will have to use a 3rd party product, or the Window xp CD.

well i think you can install magic partition...it can easily format any partition just a matter of click away..

If you boot from the XP cd-rom and go into dos console recovery mode, you should be able to delete all partitions.

1. How do I delete an NTFS partition?

To delete an NTFS partition, you can use the Disk Management tool on a Windows computer. Simply right-click on the partition you want to delete and select "Delete Volume." Keep in mind that this action will permanently erase all data on the partition, so be sure to back up any important files beforehand.

2. Can I format an NTFS partition without losing data?

No, formatting an NTFS partition will erase all data on the partition, so it's important to back up any important files before proceeding with the format. If you need to keep the data, you can try using a data recovery tool before formatting the partition.

3. How long does it take to format an NTFS partition?

The time it takes to format an NTFS partition depends on the size of the partition and the speed of your computer. It can take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Larger partitions and slower computers will take longer to format.

4. Is it possible to recover data from a formatted NTFS partition?

It is possible to recover data from a formatted NTFS partition using data recovery software. However, the success of data recovery will depend on the extent of the formatting and whether any new data has been written to the partition. It's always best to back up important data before formatting a partition.

5. Can I change the file system of an NTFS partition?

Yes, you can change the file system of an NTFS partition to a different file system such as FAT32 or exFAT. However, this process will also erase all data on the partition, so be sure to back up any important files beforehand. You can use the Disk Management tool on a Windows computer to change the file system of a partition.