Feb18-08, 05:54 AM
P: 2
Hello,
I am looking for calculating vibration, can anyone help me with formula

David
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
brewnog
Feb18-08, 12:34 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
From what?
brewnog
Feb19-08, 12:25 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
If you want an answer, you're going to have to be a bit more specific! How would you respond if I asked "How do you calculate power?"

What are you trying to do?

russ_watters
Feb19-08, 10:13 PM
Mentor
P: 22,294
Formula for Calculating vibration

David, there's a simple answer here (the motor vibrates at a frequency determined by its rotation rate), which may or may not (probably not) be all you want to know. The trouble is, after that, vibration gets very complicated and is the subject of an upper-level engineering course (generally considered the hardest ME course there is). The phrase "calculating vibration" doesn't actually have any meaning. There isn't just one potential calculation. So you're going to have to give us much more about what you want.

You posted a website there - is it yours and are you looking for calculations you can add to it?
DavidGross
Feb20-08, 06:07 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by russ_watters View Post
David, there's a simple answer here (the motor vibrates at a frequency determined by its rotation rate), which may or may not (probably not) be all you want to know. The trouble is, after that, vibration gets very complicated and is the subject of an upper-level engineering course (generally considered the hardest ME course there is). The phrase "calculating vibration" doesn't actually have any meaning. There isn't just one potential calculation. So you're going to have to give us much more about what you want.

You posted a website there - is it yours and are you looking for calculations you can add to it?
Yes I am looking to add several equations, my website is free to use, My goal is to help as many engineers and students around the world.
stewartcs
Feb20-08, 07:41 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,284
Why is there a line through DavidGross' name? I've seen this before on some others, what does it mean?

CS
Doc Al
Feb20-08, 07:53 AM
Mentor
P: 41,456
The line through the name means the user has been banned. In this case, for spamming (under several names).
stewartcs
Feb20-08, 09:17 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,284
Quote Quote by Doc Al View Post
The line through the name means the user has been banned. In this case, for spamming (under several names).
I figured it was something bad.

Thanks Doc.

Register to reply