Register to reply

Question regarding the big bang theory

by kasse
Tags: bang, theory
Share this thread:
kasse
May3-08, 11:14 AM
P: 463
How can the distance from the sun to the end of the universe be only 137 000 times longer than the distance from the sun to the end of the galaxy?
Phys.Org News Partner Space news on Phys.org
Eclipsing binary stars discovered by high school students
Swirling electrons in the whirlpool galaxy
Curiosity brushes 'Bonanza king' target anticipating fourth red planet rock drilling
cristo
May3-08, 11:26 AM
Mentor
P: 8,316
Well, perhaps you could give us some links to support your comments. Most importantly, what do you mean here by "the end of the universe"?

I'm editing your title-- it's not conducive to a sensible discussion.
kasse
May3-08, 11:57 AM
If BB is true, one would expect the galaxies to spread out evenly. But this is not the case. They are shaped in complex filaments with enormous empty spaces in between. It takes a long time to form these structures. The sunlight moves really slowly in this on this scale - and then we're talking of the highest POSSIBLE speed!

So to me, believing in BB is a religion.

kasse
May3-08, 01:35 PM
Question regarding the big bang theory

A BB-supporting friend of mine suggested that I study BB at a university before criticizing it. I'm not gonna do that, but I'd like to learn more. Any suggestions to what I can read? Preferably websites.
cristo
May3-08, 01:50 PM
Mentor
Try having a read of this paper: http://personal.tcu.edu/~mfanelli/mi...ns_bigbang.pdf. It may iron out some of your misconceptions.
cristo
May3-08, 06:20 PM
Mentor
I'm closing this thread, since the OP seemingly does not want to learn. Kasse, if you wish to reply to this thread, then PM me.

Register to reply