Best Email Clients for Conversation View

• Thread starter Dragonfall
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, there are several email clients, such as Thunderbird, Outlook, and Mac Mail, that allow for a "conversation" style display of emails. This means that emails can be sorted by thread, making it easier to view and organize them. The sorting can be done with just a few mouse clicks, and there is also an add-on available for Thunderbird that allows for internal sorting by date.
Dragonfall
Is there a client that allows the "conversation" style display of emails like on Gmail?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you mean sorting e-mails by thread? If so, you're in luck! If you use Thunderbird, Outlook (Express), Mac Mail (and probably a bunch of others) you can do this with a few mouse clicks:
http://www.cornetdesign.com/2007/05/sorting-messages-by-thread-using.html

EDIT: If you're using Thunderbird, see comments in the above site about internally sorting the threads by date. Also, if you go to the linked add-on, and read the comments there, you can find out how to do it without having to install the add-on.

Ok, thanks.

1. What is a conversation view in an email client?

A conversation view in an email client is a feature that allows you to view and organize your emails in a threaded conversation format. This means that all emails related to a specific topic or conversation are grouped together, making it easier to follow and respond to email threads.

2. Which email clients have the best conversation view?

There are several email clients that offer a good conversation view, such as Gmail, Outlook, and Apple Mail. However, the best one for you may depend on your personal preferences and needs.

3. Can I turn off conversation view in my email client?

Yes, most email clients allow you to turn off conversation view if you prefer a more traditional inbox layout. This can usually be done in the settings or preferences section of the email client.

4. Are there any benefits to using conversation view in an email client?

Yes, conversation view can help you save time and stay organized by grouping related emails together. It also allows you to easily see the entire conversation history, making it easier to understand the context of each email.

5. Can I customize the conversation view in my email client?

Yes, many email clients offer customization options for conversation view, such as changing the order of messages, grouping by sender or subject, or collapsing or expanding email threads. Check the settings or preferences section of your email client to see what options are available.