Driver for soundblaster soundcard

by Gringo123
Tags: driver, soundblaster, soundcard
Gringo123
Dec31-09, 05:45 AM
P: 141
I recently installed a new hard drive into my computer. My speakers now don't work and I have been told that this is because I have to reinstall the driver for my Soundblatser Soundcard.
My 1st problem is that I do not know exactly what spec of soundcard I have. Is there any hardware detection programme that can tell me that?
Secondly, when I do establish the spec of the soundcard, where can I obtain the driver? Will I be able to download it free of charge anywhere?
Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Borek
Dec31-09, 06:02 AM
Admin
P: 22,679
Sound Blaster cards are made by Creative Labs. Go to creative.com and search the site.
Mech_Engineer
Jan13-10, 12:23 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,234
The only really foolproof way to see what you have is open up the computer and look. Sometimes Windows Update will detect your hardware and automatically install a driver for it though.

Ben Niehoff
Jan13-10, 01:22 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,563

Driver for soundblaster soundcard

The good news is that once you determine what driver you need, the driver itself will be free. I've never seen drivers that cost money.
pantaz
Jan13-10, 08:03 PM
P: 586
A good source of drivers for obsolete/discontinued products is http://www.driverzone.com

Register to reply