mathematical relationship between reaction time and reaction rate HELP!

by lanfear
Tags: math relationships, rate laws, reaction rate, reaction time
lanfear
Jan29-10, 09:47 PM
P: 2
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I am writing a report for an Iodine clock lab, the questions I am having trouble with are:

1.What mathematical relationship exists between reaction rate and reaction time?

2.What mathematical relationship exists between concentration and reaction time?

3.What mathematical relationship exists between concentration and reciprocal of time?

3. The attempt at a solution

I am pretty sure that the answer for question 2 is r=k[A]n[B]m. I know that when reaction rate increases then reaction time decreases, but I am not sure how I should be expressing that. Is the answer for number one the same as number two? I am totally at a loss for number 3. HELP!!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
ideasrule
Jan31-10, 07:57 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,324
2 is not r=k[A]n[b]m because r is reaction rate, not reaction time.

For number 1), what's the relationship between speed and the time needed to travel 1 km? If speed increases by a factor of 2, what happens to time? Speed is analogous to reaction rate and time of travel is analogous to reaction time.

Hint: number 3 will be simple after you get number 1
lanfear
Jan31-10, 08:13 PM
P: 2
thank you! :) this helps.

Register to reply