Register to reply

Hypnosis and hypno surgery

by I dont know
Tags: hypno, hypnosis, surgery
Share this thread:
I dont know
May15-10, 04:37 AM
P: 5
So I was reading about anaesthetics and saw hypnotism as alternative,how true is hypnotism,could hypnosis replace anaesthetics?

sorry I dont know much about this and I would like to hear your opinion.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
poreguppy
May15-10, 08:25 AM
P: 6
well I would consider it no more effective even if it did work than meditation.

we can lesson our perception of pain with hypnotism in a similar way we can with meditation but I dont see how this would prevent shock in a major surgery so ill take the good old fashion shot.
zoobyshoe
May16-10, 12:22 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by I dont know View Post
So I was reading about anaesthetics and saw hypnotism as alternative,how true is hypnotism,could hypnosis replace anaesthetics?

sorry I dont know much about this and I would like to hear your opinion.
I asked my dentist about this once after having read that some people had dental work done with hypnosis rather than novocaine. She said it was an avenue that was tried and abandoned because it only worked on some patients and only to some extent. It was too unpredictable, whereas regular anesthetics are pretty reliable.

IcedEcliptic
May22-10, 01:05 AM
P: 274
Hypnosis and hypno surgery

The body reacts to pain and trauma, which is why analgesia is important in many anesthesia regimens. The concept of disruption and paralysis alone is losing favor to a more complete approach. I don't see how a dubious and erratic practice can be a decent replacement for that. It is one thing to alleviate pain, and another to bear it in a slightly altered mental state.

Register to reply