How to install/run this program in an Hp 50g

• Thread starter Vasheer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, the conversation is about installing a program for plotting root locus' on a 50g calculator. The files needed for the program can be found at a specific address, but the file types are unfamiliar to the person asking for help. Another person gives instructions on how to install the program, but the first person is having trouble operating it and is looking for a user manual or guide.
Vasheer
Hi all

I just bought a 50g and don't know how to install tis one program for plotting root locus'.
Here is the address of the files (http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=1178) . I am familliar with library instalations but this is beyond me because these files are only .dir and .src

So what do i do with them.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
A .DIR file is probably a calculator directory file. Send the file to your calculator, and then look in the VAR menu (or use the FILER and find the menu). You should see the directory which contains the programs.

i have succeed the installing and starting program by your informations. but this time i couldn't succeed opearating the program. for example i installed called LARCH Analisis Estructural 2D y 3D program. i started it only and then program looked me and i looked it :)there was digits and (edit,view,stack,rcl,purge,clear) menus on screen. can't i find any user manual or guide about this programs. what can i do for learnig this programs...

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I install a program on my Hp 50g calculator?

To install a program on your Hp 50g calculator, first connect your calculator to your computer using a USB cable. Then, open the HP Connectivity Kit software on your computer. Drag and drop the program file onto the calculator icon in the Connectivity Kit. The program will then be transferred to your calculator and you can access it from the "USER" menu.

2. Can I install programs on my Hp 50g calculator without a computer?

Yes, you can install programs directly on your Hp 50g calculator without a computer. First, make sure the program file is saved in the "My Documents" folder on your calculator. Then, go to the "CATALOG" menu and press the "FOLDER" key. Select "My Documents" and then select the program file. Press the "ENTER" key to install the program.

3. How do I run a program on my Hp 50g calculator?

To run a program on your Hp 50g calculator, go to the "USER" menu and select the program you want to run. Press the "ENTER" key to open the program. Follow the instructions provided by the program to use it.

4. Can I transfer programs from one Hp 50g calculator to another?

Yes, you can transfer programs from one Hp 50g calculator to another. Connect the two calculators using a USB cable and open the HP Connectivity Kit software on your computer. Drag and drop the program from one calculator's "USER" menu to the other calculator's "USER" menu.

5. How do I delete a program from my Hp 50g calculator?

To delete a program from your Hp 50g calculator, go to the "CATALOG" menu and press the "FOLDER" key. Select "USER" and then select the program you want to delete. Press the "DEL" key and confirm the deletion by pressing "ENTER". The program will be deleted from your calculator.