Help installing old programs onto new a Win 10 computer

In summary, the individual is trying to install an old version of Adobe Photoshop (6.0) on a new 7th generation I5 laptop. They have tried various methods, such as using compatibility mode and running as administrator, but have been unsuccessful. They have also tried copying the files from the CD onto their desktop, but this did not work either. The individual is aware that simply copying the files will not work and that there may be registry entries missing. They have also tried to use the CD autoplay feature, but it did not work. The main issue seems to be that there is no setup.exe file on the CD, which is required for installation. The individual has tried to find solutions online, but most of them involve using
yungman said:
Thanks

I got in, it want me to install all different things, is it safe?

Thanks
Such as?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Svein said:
Try this: https://adobe-photoshop-free.en.lo4d.com/. If it works, use your original serial number...

Hi

I tried that, it just take me to install all sort of things other than the photoshop. It just go round and round...as I expected.

Now the question is how do I uninstall all the tracking stuffs. I went to the install programs, it's not there.

DaveC426913 said:
You have file extensions turned off. Which means you likely have hide system files activated as well.
It's possible that setup.exe is hidden. It's also possible it's in a different directory (say, the AUTOPLAY directory there).

(Just Google 'view hidden files win 10')

Open autoplay/autorun in Notepad to see what file(s) it runs.
Thanks

That worked, I displayed the hidden files, sure enough there is a Setup application file, I installed the Photoshop...my original 6.0 from CD.

Thanks

Alan

Looks like I can do the same thing for the Avery program CD also. Big Boss doesn't want new programs, just the ones she's familiar with.

Sure learn a lot monkeying with win 10. I have been using win7, it's a good experience. Thanks for all your help.

Alan

Likes Nik_2213