Register to reply

DECT 6.0 cordless phone and Wireless Internet - interference?

by steveausten55
Tags: cordless, dect, interference, internet, phone, wireless
Share this thread:
steveausten55
Feb24-11, 05:32 PM
P: 1
Hello

I just bought a new Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone set (4 handsets) and recently subscribed to high speed DSL internet from my phone company.

On my old corded/wired phones the phone connection audio qulaity was crystal clear.

On the new DECT 6.0 cordless phones << Link removed by Moderator >> I am getting what I would describe as low to moderate static.

I think (not sure..) that the phone company gavce me a "DSL filter" (??) to cut down on this (its a plastic splitter type thing plugged in to phone jack in wall and has two inputs one for modem and one for phone)

This statis is on all 4 handsets and I even tried a different brand/different V-Tech 4 handset set - same thing.

My question to the forum is:

1. Is this normal for DECT cordless phones?

2. If no, how can I fix this?

Many thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
berkeman
Feb24-11, 05:48 PM
Mentor
P: 41,090
Quote Quote by steveausten55 View Post
Hello

I just bought a new Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone set (4 handsets) and recently subscribed to high speed DSL internet from my phone company.

On my old corded/wired phones the phone connection audio qulaity was crystal clear.

On the new DECT 6.0 cordless phones << Link removed by Moderator >> I am getting what I would describe as low to moderate static.

I think (not sure..) that the phone company gavce me a "DSL filter" (??) to cut down on this (its a plastic splitter type thing plugged in to phone jack in wall and has two inputs one for modem and one for phone)

This statis is on all 4 handsets and I even tried a different brand/different V-Tech 4 handset set - same thing.

My question to the forum is:

1. Is this normal for DECT cordless phones?

2. If no, how can I fix this?

Many thanks
Welcome to the PF.

Your post got caught by our spam filter software, because of the commercial link that you posted in your first post here.

I've deleted the commercial link, and will instead link to the wikipedia article about Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications phones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...communications

Does the interference increase when you are using the DSL digital link (browsing the Internet, for example)?
MATLABdude
Feb24-11, 09:01 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,724
DECT 6.0 should be using 1.9 GHz band, while WiFi (and other phones, bluetooth, microwaves, etc.) use the 2.4 GHz band:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...tions#DECT_6.0

Have you tried moving the phone base station to another jack? It could just be a loose / corroded jack at that particular location. To confirm this, can you try the same location with your corded phone?

It may also be line noise on the circuit where you're plugging in your power outlet, but most adapters should be able to smooth that out.

Register to reply