Writing information to Radio Frequency Identification(RFID) tags

by JohnielWhite
Tags: frequency, identificationrfid, information, radio, tags, writing
JohnielWhite
May26-11, 01:54 PM
P: 47
Good day, I have been given the task to create an inventory database for the books at the library at my school using the RFID to monitor the books. However the books have specific codes based on their type and location in the library. I was wondering if someone could give me some information as to how i go about writing the codes on the books on the RFID tags.
Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
berkeman
May26-11, 07:42 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723
Quote Quote by JohnielWhite View Post
Good day, I have been given the task to create an inventory database for the books at the library at my school using the RFID to monitor the books. However the books have specific codes based on their type and location in the library. I was wondering if someone could give me some information as to how i go about writing the codes on the books on the RFID tags.
Thanks in advance.
What RFID tag systems and vendors have you looked at so far? How many alphanumeric digits do you need for each book?
JohnielWhite
May27-11, 08:32 AM
P: 47
Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
What RFID tag systems and vendors have you looked at so far? How many alphanumeric digits do you need for each book?
Thanks for your response. We are using AT870 RFID readers and I haven't seen the tags that we are expected to use as yet. We will be using a 11 digit alphanumeric system. Any response stating how to write to any tags will be greatly appreciated. As soon as my lecturer is available I will get the information as to the type of tags been used and update you. Thanks again for your help.

berkeman
May27-11, 12:38 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723

Writing information to Radio Frequency Identification(RFID) tags

Quote Quote by JohnielWhite View Post
Thanks for your response. We are using AT870 RFID readers and I haven't seen the tags that we are expected to use as yet. We will be using a 11 digit alphanumeric system. Any response stating how to write to any tags will be greatly appreciated. As soon as my lecturer is available I will get the information as to the type of tags been used and update you. Thanks again for your help.
So when you Google RFID +write, what do you get?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=RFID+%2bwrite

Register to reply