Register to reply

Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data?

by Andy
Tags: data, exception, gathering, nations, rise
Share this thread:
Andy
Oct26-03, 07:44 AM
P: 255
Hmmmm, i have a slight problem with RON i have recently purchased the game and have as of yet not been able to get the damn thing to play, it appears to have installed onto the computer fine without any problems but when it comes to playing the game all i can do is watch the Intro and then it shuts down, a small window with gathering exception data appears and thats all, nothing happens after that.
Help! its really pissing me of now!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
Beren
Oct26-03, 01:07 PM
P: 134
Re-install. Then make sure there's no new patch.
Andy
Oct26-03, 01:10 PM
Thanks, but i hae already done this, quite a few times. I have also tried clean-booting the computer and running it that way, but no luck with that approach.

russ_watters
Oct26-03, 05:17 PM
Mentor
P: 22,280
Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data?

What are your computer's specs: cpu, motherboard, video card, operating system. Have you updated drivers for motherboard, video card, and checked for windows updates?

I have this game, but haven't played it yet.
Beren
Oct26-03, 06:42 PM
P: 134
Do you have the newest DirectX?
Andy
Oct27-03, 12:20 PM
Im not entirely sure about this, i am not very good with the techanical side to computers, but i think this is as follows,

Windows 98/NT
Pentium 3 700mhz proccessor
Intel 810 chipset graphics driver
256mb ram
Have a 15gb hard drive with 11 gb free,

hope that helps you help me, i am still searching different websites trying to find a solution and i find one before you do then i will let you know. Thanks.
dduardo
Oct27-03, 04:05 PM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
I've done an extensive search on google and come up dry. There seems to be no current solution and you'll just have to wait until they release another patch.

Thats Microsoft for you.
Andy
Oct28-03, 01:22 PM
BASTARDS!

Microsoft that is, Thanks guys for you help.
abhishek
Nov1-03, 03:57 PM
P: 39
Tried Google?

http://ron.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...2097,0,10&st=0
http://www.google.com/search?&q=rise...ception%20data

Never encountered this myself so I can't be of any more help.

Good luck.
Andy
Nov2-03, 04:37 AM
Thanks alot this is really helpful, after much reading of that thread it turns out that alot of people have this problem but at different times of the game, and the games developer is supposed to be releasing a patch soon to correct this problem.

Thank you.
Robert Zaleski
Nov2-03, 04:43 PM
P: 74
Andy, I don't think 'Rise of Nations' can run on Windows NT. Check to see if Windows NT is listed in system requirements for this game.
Andy
Nov3-03, 01:22 PM
Damn, i think your mite be correct, NT isnt listed as a system requirement, but here are the ones that are, XP/2000/ME/98, 98 is listed so i should have thoght it would work on NT, but i doubt it. I cant beleive i overlooked something as simple as that, will have to buy XP to play the damn game, gonna be the most expensive game ever.
Greg Bernhardt
Nov3-03, 01:26 PM
Admin
P: 9,467
I'd be really surprised if the game will work on 98 and not NT. Wait for the patch. but... you should buy XP anyway, it's alot better than NT.
Andy
Nov3-03, 01:38 PM
Well i have got the patch and that hasnt helped so i will just have to get XP (talk my folks into getting it).
dduardo
Nov3-03, 03:42 PM
Emeritus
P: 1,919
Wait a sec. who said you had to *cough* "purchase" windows xp.
The_Professional
Dec2-03, 07:49 PM
P: 583
Originally posted by Andy
Im not entirely sure about this, i am not very good with the techanical side to computers, but i think this is as follows,

Windows 98/NT
Pentium 3 700mhz proccessor
Intel 810 chipset graphics driver
256mb ram
Have a 15gb hard drive with 11 gb free,

hope that helps you help me, i am still searching different websites trying to find a solution and i find one before you do then i will let you know. Thanks.
Based on the specs you mentioned. My suspicion is the video card. On the box, it said the minimum is a 16mb 3d card.

And I found this link for your graphics card:

http://support.intel.com/support/gra...203-prd798.htm
Andy
Dec5-03, 01:20 PM
Ah, well its not just XP i need then! Oh well computers are cheap enough these days and i am working full time so i might aswell get a new one. Many thanks to the Pro.
gman
Jul15-04, 05:08 PM
P: 1
HELLO!!!

I had found the solution for this trouble!!! Well, the step was in the Graphics Option Menu. I puted all the cheboxes of "process" in LOW LOW!!!!!!!!!! And it`s all!!! It works!! No more "ERROR GATHERING EXCEPTION DATA"... TRY this and you will be playing for hours!!!

Goodbye... i hope this will work in all the computers... bye

GmanCrid - GmanSoft®

Register to reply