Interested in Physics, Chemistry and Engineering, what do I do now?

In summary, the conversation suggests that there are various jobs that can combine physics, chemistry, and engineering, such as material science and engineering or turbulent combustion. These fields involve fluid mechanics, chemical kinetics, and thermodynamics, making them a perfect blend of all three subjects.
nst.john
I have big interests in physics, chemistry and engineering as a whole and I hope that one day I can mesh these subjects together. Is there any job out there that can apply all of these subjects together into one career?

Physics news on Phys.org
engineering would apply all of those fields to their work depending on what kind of company you worked for. chemistry I don't know so much as far as that goes. but physics and engineering go hand in hand.

Why don't you try Material Science and Engineering. Perfect blend of all worlds

nst.john said:
I have big interests in physics, chemistry and engineering as a whole and I hope that one day I can mesh these subjects together. Is there any job out there that can apply all of these subjects together into one career?

What about turbulent combustion? - You have a lot of fluid mechanics, chemical kinetics, thermodynamics and an obvious application.

I second the suggestion of materials science/engineering.

1. What can I do with a degree in physics, chemistry, or engineering?

There are many career paths available to those with a degree in physics, chemistry, or engineering. Some common options include working in research and development, engineering design, quality control, or teaching. You could also pursue further education in a specialized field or work in a related industry such as healthcare, energy, or aerospace.

2. How do I decide which field to focus on?

The best way to decide which field to focus on is to explore your interests and strengths. Consider what types of problems you enjoy solving and what subjects you excel in. You can also talk with professionals in each field and do some research on potential job opportunities and salary expectations to help inform your decision.

3. What skills do I need to be successful in these fields?

Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are essential for success in physics, chemistry, and engineering. Attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a strong foundation in math and science are also important. Additionally, communication skills, both written and verbal, are crucial for effectively communicating complex ideas and findings.

4. How can I gain practical experience in these fields?

There are many ways to gain practical experience in physics, chemistry, and engineering. You can participate in internships, co-ops, or research opportunities while in college. You can also seek out volunteer or part-time positions in related industries or join professional organizations and attend conferences and workshops.

5. Is there a demand for professionals in these fields?

Yes, there is a high demand for professionals in physics, chemistry, and engineering. These fields are constantly evolving and expanding, creating a need for skilled individuals to fill various roles. With advancements in technology and a growing emphasis on sustainability, there is a growing demand for professionals in these fields to address complex global challenges.