A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless

• Thread starter ricardo kuhn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contest
In summary, the challenge is to bring an absolutely useless object to class, but only one correct answer exists. This exercise tests one's ability to see the bigger picture and those who cannot. Some suggest bringing nothing, but this would still be considered a correct answer. Other suggestions include bringing something that has already been used, unneeded information, or a Slim Whitman record. However, these suggestions can also be considered both right and wrong at the same time, creating a paradox.
ricardo kuhn
Many years ago I ask my Students to bring to class a ABsollutlly Useless Object, Just for Fun let see what you can come up with...

Ricky

actually is Only one "Correct" answer, so the challenge is not as easy as you may think.

Physics news on Phys.org
The human appendix.

"useless"?

___ said:
"useless"?

the porpuse of this exercice is to find minds with the avility to see the "bigger picture" and also the ones that don't.

I would bring nothing to class.

Last edited:
Madison Cycles in the U.K.

A CCW Permit in California?

I think i won

Wouldn't bringing an item with intent to enter the contest give a it a use, even if it had none before?

There is no correct answer, because whatever the person says, if correct, would have been useful at solving this puzzle, and thus contradicts the uselessness of the said object. "Nothing" would fall into this category.

Treadstone 71 said:
There is no correct answer, because whatever the person says, if correct, would have been useful at solving this puzzle, and thus contradicts the uselessness of the said object. "Nothing" would fall into this category.

Well done!

ricardo kuhn said:
Many years ago I ask my Students to bring to class a ABsollutlly Useless Object, Just for Fun let see what you can come up with...

Ricky

actually is Only one "Correct" answer, so the challenge is not as easy as you may think.

I would bring the dna evidence that proves OJ Simpson is a murderer, because it turned out to be totally useless.

I'd bring something that has already been used and can't be used again like a a burnt out light bulb or a blown tire or a... hmm... then again you could use the materials of those objects to make something new... how about un needed information, like the memory addresses of ram in the first mercury spacecraft ?

what about a slim whitman record?

I think Treadstone's got your answer Jonny.

By the way Treadstone, I do believe that you're both right and wrong at the same time with that answer. If your answer is that there is no answer, then your own answer must fall under that rule. Your are therefore incorrect.

However with the fall of your previous answer, there are no other answers to present, so it can again be said that there are no answers, which again answers the riddle and is incorrect. Therefore, you are right and then instantly wrong in an infinite loop. It's sort of paradoxical I guess; the riddle is entirely blocked off by its own purpose.

Kudos ricardo kuhn :smile:

ricardo kuhn said:

Ricky

"absolutely useless" is still limited by context unless the request states otherwise.

"I needed something to unclog my drain last night and my iPod was absolutely useless"

A statement you can't disprove even if an ipod has uses elsewhere!

Ubern0va said:
By the way Treadstone, I do believe that you're both right and wrong at the same time with that answer. If your answer is that there is no answer, then your own answer must fall under that rule. Your are therefore incorrect.
However with the fall of your previous answer, there are no other answers to present, so it can again be said that there are no answers, which again answers the riddle and is incorrect.

*brain explodes*

This isn't one of those projects you tell your students to do in order to get fired the next when you tell the kids that showed up they received A's for bringing their brains?

Jonny_trigonometry said:
what about a slim whitman record?
I don't care what ricardo kuhn says ... this has to be the right answer. :rofl: :rofl:

You couldn't even use a Slim Whitman record as a clay pigeon for target practice. You'd be laughing so hard you'd miss anyway.

1. What is the purpose of the "A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless"?

The purpose of this contest is to challenge participants to come up with the most useless or pointless object, idea, or action. It is meant to be a fun and creative activity that encourages people to think outside the box.

2. Who can participate in the "A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless"?

Anyone can participate in this contest! It is open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and locations. All you need is a sense of humor and a willingness to be silly and creative.

3. How do I enter the "A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless"?

To enter the contest, simply post a picture or video of your useless creation on social media with the hashtag #AbsolutelyUseless. You can also submit your entry through the contest's official website or designated email address.

4. What are the judging criteria for the "A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless"?

The judging criteria for this contest may vary, but typically, the entries will be evaluated based on their level of creativity, originality, and humor. The judges may also consider the overall uselessness and absurdity of the submission.

5. Are there any prizes for winning the "A little Contest Show me something that is Absolutlly Useless"?

Yes, there are usually prizes for the winners of this contest. The prizes may include cash, gift cards, or other fun and quirky items. However, the main reward is the satisfaction of coming up with the most useless idea and sharing it with the world.