SR/GR FAQs: Check out the Latest List

• Thread starter Dale
  • Start date
In summary, there has been an expansion of the FAQs available on the website. Some of the newer additions include topics such as general physics, relativity, and others. The relativity FAQs were previously located in the general physics section but have now been moved to their appropriate location.
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Huh. I had no idea those first three existed, and that they were in the general physics FAQ. They predated the existence of the relativity FAQ, which is now where they clearly belong. I'll move them there.

bcrowell said:
Huh. I had no idea those first three existed, and that they were in the general physics FAQ. They predated the existence of the relativity FAQ, which is now where they clearly belong. I'll move them there.

Zing~!

What is SR/GR?

SR/GR stands for Special Relativity/General Relativity. These are two theories in physics that describe the behavior of objects in space and time.

Why is SR/GR important?

SR/GR theories have been proven to accurately describe the behavior of objects in the universe, from small particles to large celestial bodies. They have also led to groundbreaking discoveries, such as the theory of black holes.

What is the difference between SR and GR?

SR (Special Relativity) deals with the behavior of objects in the absence of gravity, while GR (General Relativity) describes how gravity affects the behavior of objects in space and time.

Who developed SR/GR?

SR was developed by Albert Einstein in 1905, while GR was developed by Einstein in 1915.

How do SR/GR impact our daily lives?

SR/GR theories have led to the development of technologies such as GPS and nuclear power, which have greatly impacted our daily lives. They also provide a better understanding of the universe and our place in it.