Asteroseismic Analysis of Kepler Data

In summary: The average error of the predicted plasma-redshift in Fig. 4 is only 0.0005.")2) The discussion of the DAMA experiment (in the context of plasma redshift)---In summary, Ari Brynjolfsson's paper "Plasma Redshift, Time Dilation, and Supernovas Ia" proposes a new theory that explains the observed magnitude-redshift relation of supernovas Ia without the need for multiple adjustable parameters, as required by the Big Bang theory. This theory also challenges the idea of time dilation in distant events and offers an alternative explanation for redshift, known as plasma redshift. However, this theory has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal and may require further evidence
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Here is the foundational paper by the same author, also this year, the paper quoted above is a seven page corollary to the original:

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0401420

Ari Brynjolfsson, Redshift of photons penetrating a hot plasma

A new interaction is derived, which is important only when photons penetrate a hot, sparse electron plasma. When photons penetrate a cold and dense electron plasma, they lose energy through ionization and excitation, through Compton scattering on the individual electrons, and through Raman scattering on the plasma frequency. But when the plasma is very hot and has low density, such as in the solar corona, the photons lose energy also in a newly derived collective interaction with the electron plasma. The energy loss of a photon per electron is about equal to the product of the photon's energy and one half of the Compton cross section per electron. The energy loss (plasma redshift of the photons) consists of very small quanta, which are absorbed by the plasma and cause a significant heating. In the quiescent solar corona, this heating starts in the transition zone to the solar corona and is a major fraction of the coronal heating. Plasma redshift contributes also to the heating of the interstellar plasma, the galactic corona, and the intergalactic plasma. Plasma redshift explains the solar redshifts, the redshifts in the galactic corona, the cosmological redshifts, and the cosmic microwave background. The plasma redshift, when compared with experiments, shows that the photons' classical gravitational redshifts are reversed as the photons move from the Sun to the Earth. As seen from the Earth, a repulsion force acts on the photons. These findings lead to fundamental changes in the theory of general relativity and in our cosmological perspective.

The abstract from the paper above is as follows:

Ari Brynjolfsson, Plasma Redshift, Time Dilation, and Supernovas Ia

The measurements of the absolute magnitudes and redshifts of supernovas Ia show that conventional physics, which includes plasma redshift, fully explains the observed magnitude-redshift relation of the supernovas. The only parameter that is required is the Hubble constant, which in principle can be measured independently. The contemporary theory of the expansion of the universe (Big Bang) requires in addition to the Hubble constant several adjustable parameters, such as an initial explosion, the dark matter parameter, and a time adjustable dark energy parameter for explaining the supernova Ia data. The contemporary Big Bang theory also requires time dilation of distant events as an inherent premise. The contention is usually that the light curves of distant supernovas show or even prove the time dilation. In the present article, we challenge this assertion. We document and show that the previously reported data in fact indicate that there is no time dilation. The data reported by Riess et al. in the Astrophysical Journal in June 2004 confirm the plasma redshift, the absence of time dilation, dark matter, and dark energy.

Emphasis mine.

This is interesting, but is this the only evidence? I am sure few will
abandon well tested theories on the strength of one paper.

We note that this theory has not been published in a peer reviewed journal. ( See comments in thread "Do you like the new "crackpot" policy?" https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=415088#post415088)

Taken from:"Redshift of photons penetrating a hot plasma" Ari Brynjolfsson arXiv:astro-ph/0401420
Let us consider an atom in the Sun. All frequencies of the atom, all the energy levels, and all the frequencies corresponding to the energy differences between two levels in the nucleus and in the atomic electron configuration are gravitationally redshifted, according to Einstein’s classical TGR, as seen by a distant observer in a coordinate system free of gravitational fields. As we bring that
atom from the Sun to the Earth, the gravitational redshifts of the frequencies disappear. During the travel of the atom from the Sun to the Earth the levels and the frequencies are blue shifted,and that blue shift cancels the gravitational redshift.
///////////////////
We explained that the photons’ frequencies are gravitationally redshifted in the Sun, but that the gravitational redshift is reversed as the photons move from the Sun to the Earth. This reversal or blue shift cancels the gravitational redshift

Although I can understand the drift of what he is saying, as it is close to my analysis of gravitational red shift in the Jordan frame of SCC**, the way he expresses it suggests to me that he doesn't really know what he is talking about, it is all too "hand waving".

If cosmological red shift were due to a 'plasma redshift' the IGM would have to have to consist of a remarkably uniform hot plasma. - Or am I missing something?

Garth

**That the time dilation that lies at the root of gravitational red shift affects atoms as well as the photons and therefore is undetectable. In the understanding of SCC, in its Jordan frame, red shift is caused by the raised atoms gaining mass because of their gain of potential energy

Last edited:
wolram said:
This is interesting, but is this the only evidence? I am sure few will
abandon well tested theories on the strength of one paper.

FWIW, I am not endorsing or criticising the paper, just remedying the "post a link without discussion" which forces a reader to click before really knowing what the paper is about, by digging up and posting the abstract.

ohwilleke said:
Here is the foundational paper by the same author, also this year, the paper quoted above is a seven page corollary to the original:

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0401420

Ari Brynjolfsson, Redshift of photons penetrating a hot plasma
Yep, this is the 68-page paper I remember (we discussed it earlier, here in PF). Does anyone know if it was, in fact, published? If it was, all I can say is that its publication should be hailed by all those with left-field ideas as a great source of encouragement!

But let's not be hasty; why don't you all read it?

In particular, let me know what you think of the following:
1) Figure 4 ("The diamonds show the average redshift measured by Adam [31] and Higgs [32] (see Table 3), while the curve shows the redshift predicted by the plasma-redshift theory when using the coronal electron densities listed in Table 2 and shown in Fig. 2. The horizontal line at 2.12 · 10−6 shows the redshift predicted by Einstein’s classical gravitational theory."). Note that there are no error bars ... implying that an analysis of the errors would yield 95% CL smaller than the diamonds. However, the text referring to this says (in part): "As can be seen from Table 3, the results of Adam and Higgs differ slightly. Such differences are understandable when we think of the variation in the electron densities with the flares and the sunspot cycle." and "The center-to limb variations may vary slightly from one time to another. The size and frequency of coronal holes vary with the sunspot cycle. Coronal holes are more frequently over the polar region than over the equatorial region. In coronal holes, the electron densities are usually low. The limb
effect in the north-south direction will therefore sometimes be smaller than that along the equator. This is consistent with the measurement of the center-to-limb variation of the Fe line 557.6 nm by Brandt and Schröter [33], who found significant difference between center-to-limb redshifts in south-north and east-west directions"
2) (In 5.6.2 "Gravitational redshift"): "The greatest surprise is that the plasma redshift appears to explain the solar redshift without Einstein’s gravitational redshift, as Table 3 and Fig. 4 show. Einstein’s gravitational redshift has been proven beyond reasonable doubt in a great many experiments. It follows from reasonable extension of the special TR to TGR. The fact that the plasma-redshift theory explains the observed solar redshift of Fraunhofer lines contradicts the generally accepted view that the solar lines are gravitationally redshifted.
However, this apparent contradiction has a simple explanation. The experiments (on the Earth and in space) that appeared to prove the gravitational redshift are not able to detect the actual blue shift of photons, which would reverse the gravitational redshift. The length of the wave packet defining the photons in these experiments is much larger than the height difference between emitter and absorber." (my emphasis). Recall that the landmark Earthly GR-redshift experiment is the Pound & Rebka experiment, which used gamma rays (remind me again what the '[t]he length of the wave packet defining the photons in these experiments' is?)
3) "The photons are gravitationally redshifted when emitted in the Sun; but during their travel from the Sun to the Earth, they lose their gravitational redshift, and are not gravitationally redshifted when they arrive on the Earth" I've not seen such a description before; is any reader aware of any experimental work that supports this (incredible?) claim?
4) wrt the classic observations of gravitational redshift in white dwarfs (please refer to turbo-1's posts for details), Ari says: "The observed redshifts of dwarf stars, such as the white dwarf Sirius B, can be explained as
plasma redshifts without the conventionally assumed gravitational redshifts, which will have been canceled by corresponding blue shifts, as the photons move out of the intense gravitational fields. Although the radius of a white dwarf star is small, the large gravitational field results in a dense usually very hot corona. The Stark broadening is exceptionally large in white dwarf stars. The lines are therefore broadened very much by Stark effect and the second term in Eq. (20) is often larger than the first term. The plasma-redshift heating and the magnetic field heating are often large in the transition zone. The heating by the plasma-redshift and the magnetic field can explain the very hot corona of white dwarf stars and their associated intense x-ray emission" (my emphasis). Whew! Is any PF member or guest 'expert' in white dwarfs? I'm certainly not, but my impression is that Ari is talking through his hat ... he deperately wants the WD observations (thanks turbo-1) to mesh with his new paradigm, but is so afraid of what these observations actually are that he resorts to a mechanism that has no theoretical or observational basis (hoping that no reader will spot his 'elision')
5) Figure 5: OK, at this point I've drunk too much excellent New Zealand sauvignon blanc, and am not confident I can write coherently, so I'll stop here and leave it to others to continue poking holes.

I think plasma redshift needs to be returned to the recycle bin. Plasma redshift due to stellar atmospheres is not consistent with observation. Surface gravity of dense specimens [white dwarfs and neutron stars] is routinely measured based on gravitational red shift of their spectral lines. When such stars are in binary systems, as is frequently the case, the apparent mass can be cross checked based on orbital distance and periodicity. This would lead to some bizarre findings if redshift of the dense body was strictly an atmospheric effect. It would also be difficult to explain this example"

Naked White Dwarf Shows its Dead Stellar Engine [HS-1504+65]
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mystery_monday_040705.html
From the article:
Because of its lack of atmosphere, H1504+65 allowed researchers to use space-based Chandra X-ray observatory and Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE) telescope to determine its composition
-and this, from another source:

The EUV spectrum of the unique bare stellar core H1504+65
http://aa.springer.de/papers/9347001/23000l9/sc1.htm
From the paper:
Detailed NLTE line profile fitting revealed that H1504+65 is the most massive PG 1159 star, having the highest surface gravity
Hard to see how plasma redshift explains why a WD with no atmosphere would have the highest apparent surface gravity of any star in its class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year everyone!
Nereid said:
2) (In 5.6.2 "Gravitational redshift"): "The greatest surprise is that the plasma redshift appears to explain the solar redshift without Einstein’s gravitational redshift,
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
3) "The photons are gravitationally redshifted when emitted in the Sun; but during their travel from the Sun to the Earth, they lose their gravitational redshift, and are not gravitationally redshifted when they arrive on the Earth"

I've not seen such a description before; is any reader aware of any experimental work that supports this (incredible?) claim?

I'm perhaps the only reader of PF (he said modestly!) who understands what Brynjolfsson is getting at! However as I said in my post #3 above I think his explanation is too 'hand waving' to make sense.

The problem with interpreting the observed gravitational red shift is the question, “What are you comparing with what?”

In gravitational red shift one atom emits a photon and another absorbs it, or another atom is used to calibrate the spectroscope in which the photon’s wavelength is measured. If red shift is observed the question is, “What has changed, the photon or the atom?” This question can only be answered by the adoption of a convention of measurement.

In GR such a convention is provided by the principle of the conservation of energy-momentum in which the rest masses of atoms are invariant in a gravitational field under translation of position or boost. Hence it must be, by definition, the photon that has lost energy. This poses a problem for why should the photon lose energy? It has traveled along a null-geodesic with no forces acting on it (according to GR). No work has been done, or or by, the photon, so why should it lose energy? Emmy Noether’s answer was to point out that GR is an example of an improper energy theory and one shouldn’t expect energy to be conserved, energy-momentum is conserved instead, which is something different.

However if by convention we adopt the conservation of energy, as in classical physics (but thereby violating the conservation of energy-momentum), then it is easy to show as in my eprint here, page20 ff, that the time dilation effect, which is at the heart of gravitational red shift, applies not only to the photon but also to the apparatus measuring it, and hence is undetectable. The observed red shift in this convention is due to atoms gaining potential energy (and hence 'rest' mass) and not the photon losing it.

This gain of atomic rest mass would give the photon the compensating ‘blue shift’ that I believe Ari Brynjolfsson is referring to in his papers.

I hope this helps.

Garth

Last edited:
You've piqued my curiosity Garth (and HNY to you too!); I think I'll copy the relevant GR parts of this thread into a new thread I'll create in SR&GR, and see what the regulars there have to say.

Since we don't have Ari here to explain this 'photons lose gravitational redshift during their travel to the Earth', can you help please? Leave aside for the moment the plasma redshift idea; is Ari claiming that we cannot detect a gravitational redshift, from here on Earth, by analysing the EM we receive from distant, massive, dense objects - even in principle? What about the other 'classical' distant tests of GR (e.g. Shapiro time delay, bending/lensing, loss of energy in binary pulsars)?

Last edited:
Although I hate to admit it Brynjolfsson follows a similar argument to mine.

First he has another explanation for red shift - the plasma-redshift theory in which photons passing through a diffuse hot plasma lose energy to it by:
The plasma-redshift theory, that is deduced in this article distinguishes itself from all the processes mentioned above. It is about the interaction of one incident photon with a great many electrons in the plasma. The theory for this scattering has never been dealt with before. The plasma redshift is related to double Compton scattering and multiple Compton scattering, but it distinguishes itself from these processes, because it is a new multiple scattering process on a great many electrons (not only one electron, as in double and multiple Compton scattering). Although incoherent, it is not related to Raman scattering or incoherent scattering on the plasma frequency.
The plasma redshift can usually be deduced using classical physics methods, but it requires quantum mechanics to derive the relevant damping.
( from “Red shift of photons penetrating a hot plasma” )
[In the case of the Jordan frame of SCC the increase of a particle's 'rest' mass with gravitational potential energy is the cause of gravitational red shift]

Then he (and I) argue that there is no other gravitational red shift. I argue formally that the time dilation effect applies to atoms as well as particles and therefore the time dilation, that is there because of the g00 component of the metric, is undetectable, while Brynjolfsson argues that the photons are “blue shifted” – it really depends on what you are measuring it by. The only observables are the frequency of emission and absorption, which is a comparison of the energy of the photon with the mass of the atom it is interacting with.

I have no idea what his theory says about the other effects, “Shapiro time delay, bending/lensing, loss of energy in binary pulsars”, probably nothing, although please note that SCC predicts the same as GR for all of these.

Garth

Thanks Garth. I must have missed the 'no gravitational redshift' in SCC when I first read you paper (and focussed on the 'SCC predicts the same as GR ...' - not paying enough attention to the caveats - other than no DM, and GPB will show something different!).

So, if in SCC there's no gravitational redshift
a) what did Pound & Rebka find?
b) what about Sirius B (thanks turbo-1) and all the material Chronos posted (thanks Chronos), oh, and the X-ray line profiles from near SMBH (I posted that ... but the link is in a quite old post)?

Nereid said:
Thanks Garth. I must have missed the 'no gravitational redshift' in SCC when I first read you paper (and focussed on the 'SCC predicts the same as GR ...' - not paying enough attention to the caveats - other than no DM, and GPB will show something different!).

So, if in SCC there's no gravitational redshift
a) what did Pound & Rebka find?
b) what about Sirius B (thanks turbo-1) and all the material Chronos posted (thanks Chronos), oh, and the X-ray line profiles from near SMBH (I posted that ... but the link is in a quite old post)?

There is observed gravitational red shift in SCC equal to that predicted by GR; this is what Pound & Rebka found, and as is observed in Sirius B and the X-ray line profiles from near SMBH etc.

The question is how is such red shift explained and interpreted? In the 'curved' space-time diagram representing the Schwarzschild solution 'adjacent' outward null-geodesics diverge resulting in an observed red shift given by the time-time component of the metric, g00, which in GR is 'coincidentally' equal to the difference in Newtonian potential.

In GR and in the Einstein Frame of SCC (which is canonical GR), energy-momentum is conserved, and so 'rest' masses of particles are constant. This red shift is therefore interpreted as an energy loss by the photon. (But as no forces have acted on the photon, just space-time curvature, why should it lose energy?)

However, in the Jordan conformal frame of the theory, energy is locally conserved, and consequently 'rest' masses of particles subsume gravitational potential energy. In the reference I gave above in post #9 I show that if energy is conserved then the time dilation factor, g00, applies to the 'rest' mass of the particle as well as to the frequency, and hence energy, of the photon.

Hence, as the observation of gravitational red shift is a comparison of the energy of the photon with the mass, or total energy, of the atom it interacts with, the effect of g00 cannot be detected.

What is detected is the extra increase of particle 'rest' mass over and above g00 as a consequence of the particle's gravitational potential energy.

In the Jordan frame of SCC gravitational red shift is explained not by the photon losing potential energy but rather by the apparatus gaining it.

Garth

Last edited:
Ari Brynjolfsson
I thank Wolram, Ohwilleke, Garth, Nereid, Chronos for discussing my papers on plasma redshift. I will respond to their main concerns.
GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT
Let me first recap what gravitational redshift is. Einstein made two independent assumptions when deducing the gravitational redshift.
1) Einstein assumed that the gravitational time dilation applies. This follows from his expansion of the Special Theory of Relativity (STR) to the General Theory of Relativity (GTR).
2) Einstein made a second assumption. He assumed that the frequencies of the photons stay constant as the photons travel from the Sun to the Earth. Therefore, when the solar photons arrive on Earth, the photons would be observed as redshifted relative to the corresponding atomic transitions on Earth.
I agree with the first assumption, and I consider it as well proven fact. For example, the experiments by Pound et al. indicate that this assumption is correct. But I disagree with the second assumption. It may or it may not be true. It does not follow from his expansion of the STR to GTR. Many explain this incorrectly. They believe: “that photons’ frequencies decrease as the gravitational potential increases”. However, Einstein assumed that the photons’ frequencies are constant when the photons move up in the gravitational potential. Einstein argued that equally many waves must arrive on Earth as were emitted in the Sun. In his original article (see Annalen der Physik, 35 (1911) 898-908) Einstein makes this point clear. The rate of the clocks increases with gravitational potential, but the photon’s frequency is constant. We will use Einstein’s description, because we should use only one coordinate system and only one set of clocks when describing the physical phenomena. My mentor C. Møller, (in “The Theory of Relativity”, Oxford University Press) calls these clocks “coordinate clocks”.
I question if the photon’s frequency is constant when the photon moves through gravitational fields. I do not question the time dilation, the bending of light, or the Shapiro’s time delay, which are independent of the frequency and are not affected by my modification of GTR. I describe the theoretical details in “Weightlessness of Photons: A Quantum Effect”, arXiv:astro-ph/0408312, v2, 26 Aug 2004. Garth most likely did not see this article. The modification of GTR applies only to photons’ frequencies. Apparently, he also did not see: “Hubble constant from lensing in plasma-redshift cosmology and intrinsic redshift of quasars” arXiv:astro-ph/0411666 v3 2 Dec 2004. My modification of GTR does not apply to electromagnetic fields of particles or to virtual photons. Photons are the only “particles” that do not have a rest mass, and that is possibly the reason for their weightlessness, as seen by a local observer. As seen by a distant observer, however, the gravitational field repels the photons and the photons gain energy (reverse their redshift), as they are pushed outwards from the gravitating body. This results in energy conservation and eliminates the need for black holes. The matter transforms to photons at the brink to the black body limit and the photons are repelled by the gravitational field. Photons are the only particles (as far as I know) that do not follow the “equivalence principle”. The fact that the modified GTR leads to energy is conservation at all times is important. The universe could therefore through ordinary physical processes renew itself forever; see section 6. In contrast, the Big Bang hypothesis disregards the energy conservation, and introduces mystical quantities like variable Dark Energy and Dark Matter for regulating the world.
The frequencies of a particles (such as hydrogen atoms and nuclei) change frequency with the gravitational potential. For example, the nuclei of iron-57 in the experiments by Pound et al. change from the redshifted energy levels (because of time dilation) in the basement of Jefferson Laboratory to the higher (blue shifted) energy levels on the top floor. The emitter and absorber had plenty of time for adjusting to their respective gravitational potentials. Based on the solar redshift experiments, I contend that the photons would behave the same way provided they have a time to do so. In the experiments by Pound et al., the uncertainty relation, which requires a minimum of 19,000 ns (ns = nanoseconds) for changing the frequency, prevented the frequency change, because it takes the photons only 75 ns to travel from the height difference of 22.5 m from the emitter to the absorber. Also, the length of the photons in these experiments is about 270 m, which is much greater than 22.5 m. In the experiments by Pound et al. the photons did not have adequate time for changing their frequency. With respect to gravitational redshift, the experiments by Pound et al. are therefore inconclusive. Many other experiments, which have been assumed to prove Einstein’s gravitational theory, are like the experiments by Pound et al. in the domain of classical physics, and are therefore inconclusive.
In the solar redshift experiments, on the other hand, the photons had plenty of time, 8.3 minutes, to change from their redshifted energy in the Sun to their natural frequency on Earth. The relevant photons have a photon length of 1.5 to 30 m. The solar redshift experiments confirm that the photons are not gravitationally redshifted when they arrive on the Earth.
GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT AND COLLAPSARS
The photons from collapsars (such as the white dwarf Sirius B) will then not be gravitationally redshifted when they arrive on Earth. This is a very bold statement, because the many good researchers who have measured the gravitational redshift of Sirius B have done a very good job and are well experienced. However, like every one else, they believed very strongly in the gravitational redshift. They believed that if it does not fit something else is wrong. First, they estimated the gravitational redshift in Sirius B to be about 21 km/s. One scientist thought the value should be 19 km/s, which was in better agreement with Edington’s estimate. For about 40 years we were led to believe that this was the ultimate proof of gravitational redshift (before the experiment by Pound et al.). Some questioned it. Then it was found to be 89 km/s. The different lines gave different results, but the 89 km/s was an average. It was higher than expected. Last time I looked, they measured only one line H-alpha, and found it to be about 80.4 plus or minus 4.8 km/s. We can use this value to determine the mass. Solar physicists would be proud of this accuracy in our nearby Sun.
However, I believe that this redshift is caused by plasma redshift. There is no gravitational redshift, because it is reversed as the photons travel from the star to the Earth. I believe the variations from line to line are caused by the variations of the photon pressure broadenings, which affects the plasma redshift. Good averages for each line of the gravitational redshift should not vary much from line to line; but plasma redshift, which is about proportional to the photon broadening (for example Stark broadening), varies from line to line.
Chronos questions this, which is reasonable. He thinks that between the collapsar and the observer the electron density integral is not large enough to produce a plasma redshift. I explained in section 5.6.4 that in collapsars the plasma redshift given by Eq. (20) is caused mainly by the second term, which depends on the photon width. This is due to the very large pressure in the emitting layers of collapsars. In contrast, the cosmological redshift depends only on the first term, while the solar redshift is caused by both terms, which are roughly equal.
The second term of Eq. (20) requires an electron column density of only about 10^{18} cm^{-2} to take full effect. The column density of about 10^{18} cm^{-2} follows from integration of Eq. (19). In the collapsar (H1504+65), which Chronos mentioned, the electron column density is about 5 times 10^{19} cm^{-2}, which is 50 times larger than that needed to produce the plasma redshift. I may not have made this clear enough in the previous version, but I have made it clearer in arXiv:astro-ph/0401420 v3 7 Oct 2005. In interstellar space there is always enough electron density. The collapsar will therefore always have a large gravitational redshift even if they are cold and without a corona. But the plasma redshift is about proportional to the pressure broadening of the photons and varies from line to line, which distinguishes it from the gravitational redshift.
THERE IS NO TIME DILATION
The supernovae researchers have shown clearly that the SNe Ia are not standard candles. The brightness (absolute magnitude) depends on the width of the light curve. Therefore, the SN Ia should show Malmquist bias. But because they believe in the Big Bang and the time dilation, the supernovae researchers reduce the observed width and thereby the brightness of the distant supernovae by a time dilation factor 1/(1+z). This reduction in the light intensity reduces the brightness and about eliminates the expected Malmquist bias. This lack of Malmquist bias is unreasonable and indicates that there is no cosmic time dilation. If there is no time dilation, the Big Bang hypothesis is false. In contrast, the magnitude-redshift relation predicted by the plasma redshift theory predicts no cosmic time dilation and is consistent with observation as shown in Figure 1 of arXiv:astro-ph/0406437 v2 20 Jul 2004, or Fig. 6 of arXiv:astro-ph/0401420 v3 7 Oct 2005. No need for dark matter or dark energy. Many other independent observations such as those analyzed by Eric Lerner (arXiv:astro-ph/0509611) show that cosmic time dilation and Big Bang are false.
PLASMA REDSHIFT EXPLAINS CMB
In section 9 of version 1 and 2, I described the deduction of CMB. But a colleague wanted to know more details about how CMB follows from the plasma redshift. I have therefore expanded on the explanation of CMB in section 10 and Appendices C and D of arXiv:astro-ph/0401420 v3 7 Oct 2005.
These additions should make it clear that conventional physics, which includes plasma redshift, explains well the CMB. We don’t need Big Bang to explain the CMB. By the way, the conventional Big-Bang explanations that I have seen assume incorrectly that at the time of emission of the CMB (the time of decoupling of CMB from matter), the particles kinetic temperature, Te, (which is proportional to the kinetic energy per particle) in the plasma is identical to the temperature of the electromagnetic radiation density (which is proportional to the energy per volume unit). This assumption by at least some of the leading Big-Bang cosmologists is false.
The energy density of the emitted electromagnetic radiation from a plasma is proportional to the pressure, p, in the plasma. This pressure, p, is proportional to the product of particle density, N, and particle temperature, Te. The CMB radiation energy density, a(Tcmb)^ 4 (where a is Stefan-Boltzmann constant and (Tcmb) is the CMB temperature), is therefore proportional to 3NkTe, see Eq.(61) of arXiv:astro-ph/0401420, v3, and Eq.(C20) in the Appendix C of that source. The isotropic microwave intensity follows directly from the temperature and density of the plasma in intergalactic space and the plasma redshift. Although the particle temperature, Te, and particle density, N, in intergalactic space vary greatly, the average pressure, p, and the average CMB temperature, (Tcmb), are well defined averages over 5000 Mparsec radius of the blackbody cavity defining the CMB in intergalactic space.
In the frequency range of the CMB, the plasma redshift dominates all other absorptions processes by several orders of magnitude (see sections C1.2 to C1.5 in Appendix C of arXiv:astro-ph/0401420 v3 7 Oct 2005.). This fact explains why CMB has such a beautiful blackbody spectrum. See also the explanations why it is so uniform and isotropic.
COSMIC X RAYS BACKGROUND
Another colleague thought that with the high plasma densities in intergalactic space the X-ray background intensity would be much too large. He did not take into account that Big-Bang theorists use mainly the free-free absorption coefficients, which are too small by many orders of magnitude. We must take into account the plasma redshift absorption and also the absorption by trace elements. In the plasma redshift cosmology, the concentration of trace elements is significant in intergalactic space, because the plasma moves both in and out of the galaxies and out and into the intergalactic space. When we use the correct absorptions coefficients, we get a good agreement when comparing the predictions of the plasma redshift theory with the observations. See section 5.11 and Appendix C of arXiv:astro-ph/0401420 v3 7 Oct 2005.
Ari

Welcome to these Forums Ari!

I found your post rather long to read at one sitting and may not have absorbed it all. It some respects it is similar to SCC but in other respects the opposite.

One question I have is: "Are there any tests or predictions that the theory makes? In other words is it falsifiable in controlled experiments?" I say controlled because often cosmological observations are recruited to affirm or falsify a particular theory but unfortunately, because of their 'remote' (to say the least!) nature they are not clean tests and their interpretation is theory dependent.

Garth

Observe stars through the solar corona.

Thank you Garth,
I am happy that you are continuing to peruse my theory.

In direct response to your question, I discuss: “Possible future experiments”, in section 7 of astro-ph/0401420 v3 7Oct 2005. I draw you attention especially to section 7.1. “Tests for confirming the plasma redshift. I give there in Table 5: “Redshift z of light from stars grazing the Sun”. This table gives the exact plasma redshift of lines from stars grazing the Sun as a function of the distance of the line of sight from the Sun. This has so far never been observed. But if anyone would like to peak, he or she will confirm the plasma redshift. There would be no other way to explain it.
Ari

Last edited:
Welcome to Physics Forums.
In accordance with forum policy, such theories are to be posted in the Independent Research forum. Thanks.

Related to Asteroseismic Analysis of Kepler Data

1. What is "Asteroseismic Analysis"?

Asteroseismic analysis is a technique used in astronomy to study the internal structure and properties of stars by analyzing their oscillations or "starquakes". This method involves studying the frequencies and patterns of these oscillations to determine the star's properties, such as its age, size, and composition.

2. What is the Kepler Data?

The Kepler Data refers to the data collected by the Kepler space telescope, which was launched by NASA in 2009 with the goal of discovering Earth-like planets orbiting other stars. The telescope continuously monitored a specific region of the sky, measuring the brightness of over 100,000 stars, and providing a wealth of data for astronomers to study.

3. How is Asteroseismic Analysis useful?

Asteroseismic analysis is useful because it allows scientists to study the internal structures and characteristics of stars, which provides valuable insights into their evolution and formation. This technique also helps in understanding the properties of exoplanets, such as their size, mass, and composition, by studying the effects of the star's oscillations on the planet's orbit.

4. What are the main challenges in Asteroseismic Analysis of Kepler Data?

Some of the main challenges in asteroseismic analysis of Kepler data include dealing with the large amount of data, as well as the complex and noisy signals from the stars. Scientists also face challenges in accurately modeling the stars and their oscillations, as well as interpreting the data to extract meaningful information.

5. What are some recent discoveries made using Asteroseismic Analysis of Kepler Data?

Asteroseismic analysis of Kepler data has led to several exciting discoveries, including the detection of a "twin" of our Sun, the first exoplanet found to be within the habitable zone of its star, and the discovery of a planetary system with seven Earth-sized planets. This technique has also helped in determining the age and evolution of thousands of stars, providing valuable insights into the formation and history of our galaxy.