2012 mayan calender end of world astro line up opens stargate

• Thread starter rustandplastic
  • Start date
What happens if the Kyoto protocol expires?

is a claim that a special alignment of the earth relative to the centre of our galaxy opens a portal (like stargate) that the indigenous tribe we are working with claims will open, allowing two-way travel through what sounds like a wormhole.
assuming that i read this right, isnt that a bit advanced for a indigenous tribe to think

then we will all die!!!:rofl:

Evo
Mentor
AAARRGHHH!!

What is this doing in GD????

'What the Bleep" crackpot movie and the crackpot Masaru Emoto? :eek: :surprised

NOOOOOOOOOO.

Evo
Mentor
I read in 2012 that animals would speak and our appliances would turn on us, has that been replaced by this new crackpot stuff?

wolram
Gold Member
GD has been contaminated with sudo science :yuck: , lock this thread EVO,
or we will have strange things emerging from worm holes, and people shooting my great great grandad, and people arriving befor they left, and multi dimentional Cyruses, and penguins walking through walls :cry:

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
rustandplastic said:
you might want to see a film called "what the bleep do we know" full of interesting stuff and presented by some powerful quantum phyicists.
I didnt make it but wished I had! Quite challenging.
You're kidding, right?

That's film is a joke. It is filled with metaphysical mumbo jumbo that isn't supported by any concrete scientific facts. Just because they can mention physics principles, doesn't mean it has any scientific basis.

If you had made the film, I would spend the time ridiculing what you did - not that we hadn't done it already in this forum.

P.S. I'm deleting the link, because PF has a policy against advertizing crackpottery.

Zz.

rustandplastic said:
I am a sceptical TV documentary-maker currently involved with a team making a film about 2012, the end of the Mayan Calander and involved in this is a claim that a special alignment of the earth relative to the centre of our galaxy opens a portal (like stargate) :rolleyes: that the indigenous tribe we are working with claims will open, allowing two-way travel through what sounds like a wormhole.:surprised

What I ask of this group is a reference to any special "alignment" that may happen around this time (december,2012) and whatever the result we need to create some animation that describes this so we need someone reputable to do some research along these lines for our film and some ideas for our animators.

All comments welcome.
Can I just say that is by far the most interesting title for a thread I have ever read, it was worth reading this thread based on the title alone. :smile:

alicahit said:
Nothing it's a protocol not an overarching spacetime construct holding up the universe :smile:

Oh I don't know world war III, there you happy :biggrin:

Last edited:
for the record, the 2012 date to the mayans is NOT the end of any calander. the mayans had two calanders, a long count and a short count. they were based on different things, (i can't remember now, but i used to look into this a lot a few years ago.) anyway, the length of the two calanders were drastically different and rarely coincided. in 2012, both calanders happen to end on the same date. When the calanders end together, the mayan's considered it to be the end of an "age". i believe we're either leaving or going into the 5th age in 2012.

Rach3
"Mayan calender" [sic] "end of world astro line" "stargate"

Really, I've never seen so much crackpottery last so long on PF! Some very devious person must have bribed all the moderators, presumably with pounds and pounds of rich, dark chocolate. With hazelnuts.

Evo
Mentor
Well, it's just so stupid, it's just amazing how many people in this world actually believe this stuff. I take that back, it's FRIGHTENING how many people believe this stuff.

wolram
Gold Member
Rach3 said:
"Mayan calender" [sic] "end of world astro line" "stargate"

Really, I've never seen so much crackpottery last so long on PF! Some very devious person must have bribed all the moderators, presumably with pounds and pounds of rich, dark chocolate. With hazelnuts.
The Mods on this forum are pillars of iron, totally incorustable onest law abribing good guys :smile:

Evo
Mentor
Absolutely.

Looks like everyone's through making fun of the topic, so I'll close the thread.