Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Announcement 2015 Member Award Ceremony

1. Jan 2, 2016 #1
    Happy New Year! It's been another incredible 365 days on PF!

Congrats to all who were nominated as it's a true honor. It should be remembered each voting list could easily have been three times as long. We have an amazing core of members here at PF.

Thanks all who participated in the voting and discussion!

Now for a special congratulations to the popular vote winners! Winners will receive a special badge which will last the year.

Hall of Legends Award
    @marcus

Physics Award
    @bhobba

Homework Help Award
    @SteamKing
    @BvU

Mathematics Award
    @mathwonk

Astro/Cosmo Award
    @Chronos

Engineering Award
    @sophiecentaur

Other Science Award
    @Ygggdrasil

Guidance Counselor Award
    @Vanadium 50

Newcomer Award
    @blue_leaf77

Best Insight Award
    @bapowell

Insight Writer Award
    @mfb

Community Spirit Award
    @Borg

Best Humor Award
    @davenn

Click here for the poll records

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2016 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You got that right. :approve:

Congratulations winners. :bow:

4. Jan 2, 2016 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Congrats to all!

5. Jan 2, 2016 #4

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Congratulations and thanks to those (Greg and friends) who built PF and keep it running so well. It's an exceptionally warm lively community for learning and sharing all kinds of science---having watched PF over the years I have to say the obvious: it's an amazing success! Want to express special appreciation to Insight authors (e.g. Mfb and Brian Powell to name just two of many) who made the Insight feature a valuable new dimension to the site.

6. Jan 2, 2016 #5

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Congratulations all!

7. Jan 2, 2016 #6
    Congratulations!

8. Jan 2, 2016 #7

berkeman

Congrats to all of the nominees and winners. You truly help to make the PF a very special place. :biggrin:

9. Jan 2, 2016 #8

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Congratulations to all award winners! Indeed, it's a great place, which gives me a lot to learn and also to think. Thanks also to all the mentors who do such a great job in moderating the forums!

10. Jan 2, 2016 #9

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

sincere thanks for the award. and thanks especially to Greg for creating this thoughtful recognition for members. happy new year!

11. Jan 2, 2016 #10

jedishrfu

Congratulations!

12. Jan 2, 2016 #11
    Congratulations!

13. Jan 2, 2016 #12
    Congratulations to everyone!

14. Jan 2, 2016 #13

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Than you so much for the award. Thanks to those who voted for me and, of course, to Greg and the Mods who make it all happen.
    I am hoping to avoid the award for the grumpiest SA next year - I will try to be more positive and helpful and avoid the gut reaction to some of the hilarious questions and comments that I have read. I must start my replies with "Now that's very interesting . . . ."
    I know who I shall be voting for next year. [Edit: I misplaced that sentence but, on second thoughts, I will let it stand where it is]

15. Jan 2, 2016 #14
    Congratulations! :D

16. Jan 2, 2016 #15

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Congratulations to all winners, and @mathwonk in particular for winning the mathematics award!

17. Jan 2, 2016 #16
    Congratulations to all the winners! This forum just wouldn't be the same without your contributions :smile:

(Now I can retain my license for making silly errors!)

18. Jan 2, 2016 #17

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

One year ago, I came here merely in order to ask certain problem I encounter in the middle of self-study with no intention at all of becoming an active member to the extent of obtaining three official recognitions after one year. As I came here again a few weeks later I realized that some of the posted questions were actually within the scope of my knowledge, tried to answer them, got positive response, and became more and more addicted to write answers. Eventually, answering problems has helped me prop up faster in my self-studies.
    So, thanks to those who voted for me, and the mentors for the support. Congratulations to the other winners as well!

19. Jan 2, 2016 #18

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WoooHoooo ... congratulations to all the winners
    Thanks Greg for an awesome place to call home
    Thankyou everyone for the votes :smile:
    I am looking forward to another 12 months of helping people where I can with the physics questions
    and bringing smiles to peoples faces

cheers
    Dave

20. Jan 2, 2016 #19

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Congratulations winners!

21. Jan 2, 2016 #20

mfb

2016 Award

Oh wow, I didn't expect that. Thanks :).

@Greg Bernhardt: "Results are only viewable after voting" - as we cannot vote any more, can you make the results visible to everyone? I didn't vote for the insights polls but I would be interested in the results.

Don't worry, 2015 award winners are not listed for 2016 awards.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted