2016 Member Awards are coming soon

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: years?Don't worry buddy, I vote for you every year in that category. :wink:I think I have the permissions set right. If anyone can't view a poll thread or can't vote let me know ASAPWhere's the write-in option? I want to vote for myself for newcomer even though I've been here for 6...years?
Voting will open Dec 15th! You have two weeks to impress in order to receive a nomination by one of our staff. Bribing is not allowed, except in the case of @Evo. You can send her chocolates and kittens.

people-3d-watching-movie-video-id181842682?s=640x640.jpg

Likes Evo and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd prefer chocolate kittens though!

Likes ISamson
Evo said:

I searched (not very) far and (not very) wide for a chocolate kitten .gif, but alas, no luck.

Likes Evo
Evo said:

boneh3ad said:
I searched (not very) far and (not very) wide for a chocolate kitten .gif, but alas, no luck.

I assume this isn't the chocolate kitten you're looking for?

23bc03593ec8898ca270ad2c56b2f81a.jpg

Likes Evo
@Greg Bernhardt : will you be including an award for the sexiest member? I'm sure we can find a way to be shallow and superficial with that kind of an award. :)

@Evo : I'm thinking of having a chocolate fondue and dipping kittens into it? Are you in?
IMG_7759.JPG
Zz.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Evo
ZapperZ said:
@Greg Bernhardt : will you be including an award for the sexiest member? I'm sure we can find a way to be shallow and superficial with that kind of an award. :)

You can't have an award for something that I've obviously had for a while now. :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:

@Evo : I'm thinking of having a chocolate fondue and dipping kittens into it? Are you in?
View attachment 109865Zz.
Ahahaha! I'm all in! Candy kittens, of course.

ZapperZ said:
Pretty sure this guy will take the award! :biggrin:

f10d0477bf1594b55628561e43ad7777.jpg

Likes davenn, dlgoff, cnh1995 and 1 other person
Greg Bernhardt said:

Holy cow, @Greg Bernhardt ! You had just ruined my dinner!

Zz.

Greg Bernhardt said:

Careful, there, chief. You might get everyone hot and dilated.

Likes dlgoff and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
We will also have chat open on the 15th during the first day of award voting!
Rhut-rho...

One more day! One more day until I'm voted Supreme Overlord of the world!

Remember, vote for Drakkith and receive a free kitten! Vote for the other guys and a kitten gets sent to the glue factory... To maintain the machinery. Their tiny paws can get into tight places you know.

Likes 1oldman2, ProfuselyQuarky and S.G. Janssens
I would vote for you, but I don't think there is a "strongest megalomania" award.

Likes 1oldman2, ProfuselyQuarky and Drakkith
Drakkith said:
One more day until I'm voted Supreme Overlord of the world!
You don't vote for that. You need to recruit an army. Then pillage and plunder your way to victory. And btw, World? pfffft, try Universe! :biggrin:

Likes Drakkith
Greg Bernhardt said:
You don't vote for that. You need to recruit an army. Then pillage and plunder your way to victory. And btw, World? pfffft, try Universe! :biggrin:
Don't blame me, I voted for @Drakkith...

Likes Drakkith
@phinds, @OmCheeto, it looks like Greg has "forgotten" to put up the Supreme Overlord list with my name (and only my name) on it. You two know what to do...

Likes DennisN
Drakkith said:
@phinds, @OmCheeto, it looks like Greg has "forgotten" to put up the Supreme Overlord list with my name (and only my name) on it. You two know what to do...
That is in the super secret invisible poll :D

Likes phinds
Greg Bernhardt said:
That is in the super secret invisible poll :D
... sure it is, Greg.

Drakkith said:
Well, he also continues to refuse to put one up for grumpiest, probably because he knows it would be pointless since I'd win hands down.

Likes DennisN and Greg Bernhardt
phinds said:
Well, he also continues to refuse to put one up for grumpiest, probably because he knows it would be pointless since I'd win hands down.

Don't worry buddy, I vote for you every year in that category. :wink:

Likes phinds
I think I have the permissions set right. If anyone can't view a poll thread or can't vote let me know ASAP

Where's the write-in option? I want to vote for myself for newcomer even though I've been here for 6 years.

Likes Bystander
boneh3ad said:
Where's the write-in option? I want to vote for myself for newcomer even though I've been here for 6 years.
Haha just write it in the thread

Announcement: To better express the purpose of these member awards the staff has decided to allow each member to select up to 3 nominees to vote for in every poll. This has been implemented due to so many members having a hard time deciding between a few members. Really they should all be appreciated. Now it's possible. If you've already voted, head back into the poll threads and under the poll there is a "change vote" button. Enjoy! Spread the love!

Likes dlgoff and cnh1995
Greg Bernhardt said:
Announcement
As a side effect, the percentage values next to the number of votes are now borked!

Likes Greg Bernhardt and Evo
Bandersnatch said:
As a side effect, the percentage values next to the number of votes are now borked!
Only you math geeks would notice this. :biggrin:

Polls are now closed. In the end there were a few nail biters. Everyone nominated should feel proud. I'll say this again, the list for each category could be 10x longer. There are so many members that make valuable contributions. Reluctantly we can't list them all. Thanks for making it a great 2016! The award ceremony will be tomorrow!

Likes Drakkith, dlgoff and Charles Link

1. When will the 2016 Member Awards be announced?

The 2016 Member Awards will be announced at the end of the year, typically in December or January.

2. Who is eligible for the 2016 Member Awards?

All members who have been active and in good standing throughout the year of 2016 are eligible for the awards.

3. How are the winners of the 2016 Member Awards chosen?

The winners of the 2016 Member Awards are chosen by a committee of scientists and members of the organization, based on criteria such as contributions to the scientific community, leadership, and impact of their work.

4. What types of awards are given out for the 2016 Member Awards?

The 2016 Member Awards include categories such as Outstanding Scientist of the Year, Emerging Scientist of the Year, and Lifetime Achievement Award.

5. Can members nominate themselves for the 2016 Member Awards?

No, members cannot nominate themselves for the 2016 Member Awards. Nominations must be made by other members or by the organization's committee.