Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3-10 points why you believe in the theory of evolution and big bang

1. Nov 8, 2011 #1
    Can you give me 3-10 points why you believe in the theory of evolution and/or the big bang? this is independant of any other theories.

I'd like it numbered. and just brief points, like a topic and brief explanation of why this makes you believe evolution and/or the big bang to be true. I'll do some further research on whatever topics you mention, feel free to give me some links to things as well. and please please, dont use things derived from the theory as examples of evidence for the theory. in another forum a lot of people said things like "its a fact x million years ago this happend, therefore blablabla". they didnt see what life was like x million years ago and its part of that theory, other theories suggest otherwise eg the ones here Edit: crackpot link deleted and saying things like that wont help me better understand evolution and/or big bang and wont help me come to a conclusion.

so for layout, can it be like this? (not strictly of course, this is just a guideline so i can get what i want from you)

evolution:
    1 title
    couple sentences about point.
    couple sentences about why point is significant.

2 etc

big bang:
    1 title
    couple sentences about point.
    couple sentences about why point is significant.

2 etc

please and thankyou!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

4. Nov 9, 2011 #3

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Just to add to what Evo has said you should really pay attention to the links at the bottom of the Evolution introduction for further resources.

It's also important for you to know that The Big Bang is a cosmological model and is entirely unrelated to the theory of evolution.

Lastly your use of the word "belief" is misleading. Evolutionary biology is a hugely diverse field of study and like all scientific disciplines its veracity is based on the experimental data supporting it. So you can either accept that the data supports the theory of evolution or deny it, the latter is pretty much impossible to do honestly as evolution has mountains of evidence supporting it as a real phenomenon.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook