50% of the worlds objects are chairs and tables.

• Thread starter Iyafrady
  • Start date
Think about it.50+% of the wolrds objects are chairs or tables!

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hmmm...might want to check your math.

turbo
Gold Member
Hmmm...might want to check your math.
I have seen quite a few rocks, trees, plants, etc, too. My property is not populated by furniture.

Perhaps the OP wanted to say that 50% of man-made objects are chairs and tables, though out of the many thousands of objects that might be found in a Western-society home, I would expect the percentage to be in the low single numbers.

FrancisZ
Okay, I'll bite: why do you say that?

Danger
Gold Member
For sheer numbers, I expect that it would be either plants or insects.
With man-made objects, I'm pretty sure that there are more shoes and pants than chairs and tables.

FrancisZ
With man-made objects, I'm pretty sure that there are more shoes and pants than chairs and tables.

What would be more interesting might be to ask what you've probably thrown out the most in your life. Or what you've lost the most.

For me, that would have to be either pens or pencils.

Okay, I'll bite: why do you say that?

75% of the world is covered in water and 50% of that water is ice.Ice can be used as a chair or table, thus 50% of the world is covered in chairs and tables.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What would be more interesting might be to ask what you've probably thrown out the most in your life. Or what you've lost the most.

For me, that would have to be either pens or pencils.

...or sheets of paper?

turbo
Gold Member
I vote for single-celled organisms.

I have seen quite a few rocks, trees, plants, etc, too. My property is not populated by furniture.

Perhaps the OP wanted to say that 50% of man-made objects are chairs and tables, though out of the many thousands of objects that might be found in a Western-society home, I would expect the percentage to be in the low single numbers.

Chairs and tables are made out of trees, trees are nothing but tables and chairs in their raw form, the world is covered in chairs and tables.Think about it.

Danger
Gold Member
Ice can be used as a chair or table

It can also be used as a toilet; that doesn't make it comfortable.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Chairs and tables are made out of trees, trees are nothing but tables and chairs in their raw form, the world is covered in chairs and tables.Think about it.

:rofl:

78% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Danger
Gold Member
I vote for single-celled organisms.

Good point. I overlooked that.

turbo
Gold Member
It can also be used as a toilet; that doesn't make it comfortable.
As a frequent hunter, snowshoe enthusiast, and former X-country skier, I can attest to Danger's assertion. Dropping trou in the woods in the winter can be problematic, even if you find a nice downed tree in a spot that gets enough sun to melt off the frozen stuff.

turbo
Gold Member
What's the other 99.5-%?
I think those are pieces of paper in government archives.

What's the other 99.5-%?

Go back to school and learn something, 50% is half of 100% so you should ask whats the other 50% you dolt.

Danger
Gold Member
Dropping trou in the woods in the winter can be problematic, even if you find a nice downed tree in a spot that gets enough sun to melt off the frozen stuff.

That's the one main reason that I won't go camping. I have a firm policy of never going any place where the bugs outnumber the bathrooms.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Go back to school and learn something, 50% is half of 100% so you should ask whats the other 50% you dolt.

Don't be a troll!

Danger
Gold Member

Knock off the personal insults. You forgot to hit the space key before your number, so it looks like .50%. I'm sure that several people were confused by that. And while we're at it, you spelled "world's" incorrectly.

turbo
Gold Member
That's the one main reason that I won't go camping. I have a firm policy of never going any place where the bugs outnumber the bathrooms.
C'mon! With a name like Danger, you can't be scared of a little deer-tick, can you?

You don't get out much I take it.;)

Danger
Gold Member
:confused:
I don't even know whether or not we have deer ticks up here. We do have wood ticks.
Think though, of the discomfort of having a couple of thousand black-flies trying to crawl up your butt. :surprised

turbo
Gold Member
:confused:
I don't even know whether or not we have deer ticks up here. We do have wood ticks.
Think though, of the discomfort of having a couple of thousand black-flies trying to crawl up your butt. :surprised
I live in Maine, and though I have spent considerable time in Canada, the fantastic environment (brooks, streams, rivers) here seems to provide us with bumper-crops of those nasty rascals every year. Those guys need flowing water to breed, and until you get anywhere near the coast, we've got that in spades.

Evo
Mentor
Locked pending decision on OP's fate.