50% of the worlds objects are chairs and tables.

• Thread starter Iyafrady
  • Start date
In summary: Don't be a troll!Knock off the personal insults. You forgot to hit the space key before your number, so it looks like .50%. I'm sure that several people were confused by that. And while we're at it, you spelled "world's" incorrectly.50% of the world's objects are chairs or tables!Hmmm...might want to check your math.I have seen quite a few rocks, trees, plants, etc, too. My property is not populated by furniture.
Iyafrady
Think about it.50+% of the wolrds objects are chairs or tables!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm...might want to check your math.

lisab said:
Hmmm...might want to check your math.
I have seen quite a few rocks, trees, plants, etc, too. My property is not populated by furniture.

Perhaps the OP wanted to say that 50% of man-made objects are chairs and tables, though out of the many thousands of objects that might be found in a Western-society home, I would expect the percentage to be in the low single numbers.

Okay, I'll bite: why do you say that?

For sheer numbers, I expect that it would be either plants or insects.
With man-made objects, I'm pretty sure that there are more shoes and pants than chairs and tables.

Danger said:
With man-made objects, I'm pretty sure that there are more shoes and pants than chairs and tables.

What would be more interesting might be to ask what you've probably thrown out the most in your life. Or what you've lost the most.

For me, that would have to be either pens or pencils.

FrancisZ said:
Okay, I'll bite: why do you say that?

75% of the world is covered in water and 50% of that water is ice.Ice can be used as a chair or table, thus 50% of the world is covered in chairs and tables.

FrancisZ said:
What would be more interesting might be to ask what you've probably thrown out the most in your life. Or what you've lost the most.

For me, that would have to be either pens or pencils.

...or sheets of paper?

Danger said:
I vote for single-celled organisms.

turbo-1 said:
I have seen quite a few rocks, trees, plants, etc, too. My property is not populated by furniture.

Perhaps the OP wanted to say that 50% of man-made objects are chairs and tables, though out of the many thousands of objects that might be found in a Western-society home, I would expect the percentage to be in the low single numbers.

Chairs and tables are made out of trees, trees are nothing but tables and chairs in their raw form, the world is covered in chairs and tables.Think about it.

Iyafrady said:
Ice can be used as a chair or table

It can also be used as a toilet; that doesn't make it comfortable.

Iyafrady said:
Chairs and tables are made out of trees, trees are nothing but tables and chairs in their raw form, the world is covered in chairs and tables.Think about it.

:rofl:

78% of statistics are made up on the spot.

turbo-1 said:
I vote for single-celled organisms.

Good point. I overlooked that.

Danger said:
It can also be used as a toilet; that doesn't make it comfortable.
As a frequent hunter, snowshoe enthusiast, and former X-country skier, I can attest to Danger's assertion. Dropping trou in the woods in the winter can be problematic, even if you find a nice downed tree in a spot that gets enough sun to melt off the frozen stuff.

jimmysnyder said:
What's the other 99.5-%?
I think those are pieces of paper in government archives.

jimmysnyder said:
What's the other 99.5-%?

Go back to school and learn something, 50% is half of 100% so you should ask what's the other 50% you dolt.

turbo-1 said:
Dropping trou in the woods in the winter can be problematic, even if you find a nice downed tree in a spot that gets enough sun to melt off the frozen stuff.

That's the one main reason that I won't go camping. I have a firm policy of never going any place where the bugs outnumber the bathrooms.

Iyafrady said:
Go back to school and learn something, 50% is half of 100% so you should ask what's the other 50% you dolt.

Don't be a troll!

Iyafrady said:

Knock off the personal insults. You forgot to hit the space key before your number, so it looks like .50%. I'm sure that several people were confused by that. And while we're at it, you spelled "world's" incorrectly.

Danger said:
That's the one main reason that I won't go camping. I have a firm policy of never going any place where the bugs outnumber the bathrooms.
C'mon! With a name like Danger, you can't be scared of a little deer-tick, can you?

Danger said:
You don't get out much I take it.;)

:confused:
I don't even know whether or not we have deer ticks up here. We do have wood ticks.
Think though, of the discomfort of having a couple of thousand black-flies trying to crawl up your butt.

Danger said:
:confused:
I don't even know whether or not we have deer ticks up here. We do have wood ticks.
Think though, of the discomfort of having a couple of thousand black-flies trying to crawl up your butt.
I live in Maine, and though I have spent considerable time in Canada, the fantastic environment (brooks, streams, rivers) here seems to provide us with bumper-crops of those nasty rascals every year. Those guys need flowing water to breed, and until you get anywhere near the coast, we've got that in spades.

Locked pending decision on OP's fate.

What does it mean that 50% of the world's objects are chairs and tables?

This statistic means that half of all the objects in the world are chairs and tables. This includes all types of chairs and tables, from household furniture to office furniture to outdoor furniture.

How was this statistic determined?

This statistic was likely determined by conducting a survey or study of the types of objects found in homes, offices, and public spaces around the world. Researchers would have counted the number of chairs and tables present and compared it to the total number of objects in the same area.

Why are chairs and tables so prevalent in the world?

Chairs and tables are essential items in our daily lives. They are used for sitting, eating, working, and many other activities. As such, they are found in almost every home, office, and public space around the world.

Does this statistic account for all types of chairs and tables?

It is likely that this statistic includes all types of chairs and tables, including different styles, sizes, and materials. However, it is possible that some types of chairs and tables were not included in the study, so the number may not be exact.

How does this statistic impact the world?

This statistic highlights the widespread use and importance of chairs and tables in our society. It also indicates the potential impact on the environment, as the production and disposal of these objects can contribute to waste and pollution. It may also have implications for design and ergonomics, as chairs and tables make up a significant portion of our built environment.