Properties and Behaviors of an Object

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of building objects in a computer, specifically focusing on the challenges of representing shape and behavior. The idea of using lines and points to create any shape and waveform is also brought up. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to use CAD programs for designing shapes on a computer.
pairofstrings
Hi everyone.

I want to build beautiful objects in a computer - object means something which has shape and behavior. I feel comfortable in writing down behavior of an object but I am struggling with writing shape of an object.

A Table:
table_zpsuk0onieo.jpg

Wave-forms:

waveform_zpspycnfp8i.gif

Is it possible to build any shape and any waveform by simply using Lines and Points?
This is Batman Curve. Is this how I can create any shape (table above, or book, or chair, or circle) and any wave-forms?
Thanks!

Attachments

• table_zpsuk0onieo.jpg
    table_zpsuk0onieo.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 746
  • waveform_zpspycnfp8i.gif
    waveform_zpspycnfp8i.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 531
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Thread closed.

You started another thread about 10 months ago on pretty much the same topic - https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/a-single-or-multiple-equations-of-y.921421/. See post #9 to get an idea of how shapes can be represented in a computer. In a nutshell, a shape can be represented by a large collection of points that define the object, and the points can be connected to form small geometric figures, such as triangles or rectangles, that approximate the shape of the object. If you want a better approximation, use more points.

The graphs you showed have nothing to do with what you're asking. There are a number of software packages that let you desigh shapes on a computer. Do a search for CAD programs (CAD == computer assisted design).

1. What are the different types of properties an object can have?

An object can have two types of properties: intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic properties are inherent to the object and do not change, such as color or size. Extrinsic properties are dependent on the object's surroundings or interactions with other objects, such as weight or temperature.

2. How do an object's properties affect its behavior?

An object's properties determine how it will respond to different stimuli or interactions. For example, a rubber ball will bounce when dropped due to its elastic properties, while a glass vase will shatter due to its fragile properties.

3. Can an object's properties change over time?

Yes, an object's properties can change over time due to various factors such as wear and tear, exposure to external forces, or intentional modifications. These changes can also affect the object's behavior.

4. How do we measure an object's properties?

The properties of an object can be measured using various tools and techniques, depending on the specific property being measured. For example, size can be measured using a ruler or tape measure, while weight can be measured using a scale or balance.

5. Are an object's properties the same for every individual object of the same type?

No, while objects of the same type may have similar properties, they are not always identical. Each object may have slight variations in its properties due to factors such as manufacturing processes, materials used, or environmental conditions.