7 days 7 books to give away Part 2

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, each day this upcoming week, I will draw a name from a pool of eligible participants to receive a copy of "The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World." The only catch is that this contest is only open to staff, advisors, Insight authors, and gold members. Good luck to everyone!
We're at it again with a new book! This contest is easy. All you have to do is make a post (anywhere)! Each day this up coming week I'll draw a name from the pool that meets the requirement. That member will receive the book "The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World".

The only catch is this contest is only open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!

First day is Sunday! Good luck!

Last edited:
Likes Engineer1, ISamson, OmCheeto and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
The only catch is this contest is open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!
One lottery ticket per badge? :biggrin::wink::rolleyes:

Likes mfb, ISamson, Drakkith and 1 other person
Where I am Sunday started 17h 35 min before your post so in case I don't make any others I am still in. :oldsmile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Each day this up coming week I'll draw a name . . . That member will receive the book "The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World".

The only catch is this contest is open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!

Can you clarify - is it only open to Staff, advisors etc? Or are you saying it is also open to Staff,...
The book title intrigues me. I'm going to have to check it out. I have not been as active recently as the online analytics classes that I'm taking have started to get more intense. But I'll definitely try to stay involved.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
scottdave said:
Can you clarify - is it only open to Staff, advisors etc? Or are you saying it is also open to Staff,...
The book title intrigues me. I'm going to have to check it out. I have not been as active recently as the online analytics classes that I'm taking have started to get more intense. But I'll definitely try to stay involved.
Only :)

Likes scottdave
Greg Bernhardt said:
We're at it again with a new book! This contest is easy. All you have
The only catch is this contest is only open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and gold members!

Good luck to everyone!

If I could use like a clapping emoji right now, I would use it. Congrats!

doglover9754 said:
If I could use like a clapping emoji right now, I would use it. Congrats!
:partytime:

berkeman said:
:partytime:
I already did that one in the last giveaway... we need a clapping one now :3

Likes berkeman
I'd like to thank the Academy, and my mom, and my - ♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

DaveC426913 said:
I'd like to thank the Academy, and my mom, and my - ♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
This means nothing without a picture of you in your revealing dress... o0)

It's OK, Dave, I don't look so good in a dress anymore either - which is why I made no fuss.

Likes berkeman
Congrats to @BillTre for winning Saturday and @Mark44 for Sunday

That wraps up another week long book give away! I have a feeling we're going to do another in a few weeks!

Likes dlgoff
Cool!

What is "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2"?

"7 days 7 books to give away Part 2" is a book donation event where individuals can donate books they no longer need or want to others who may benefit from them.

Who can participate in "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2"?

Anyone can participate in "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2" by donating books or by receiving donated books.

How can I donate books for "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2"?

You can donate books for "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2" by dropping them off at the designated donation location during the specified dates and times.

Can I choose which books I receive during "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2"?

Yes, you can browse the donated books and select the ones you are interested in receiving during "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2".

Is there a limit to how many books I can donate or receive during "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2"?

There is no limit to how many books you can donate or receive during "7 days 7 books to give away Part 2". However, we encourage individuals to donate and receive a reasonable amount of books to ensure fairness for all participants.