7 days 7 books to give away Part 2

  • Topic: Announcement 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
19 replies · 2K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,120
We're at it again with a new book! This contest is easy. All you have to do is make a post (anywhere)! Each day this up coming week I'll draw a name from the pool that meets the requirement. That member will receive the book "The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World".

The only catch is this contest is only open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!


First day is Sunday! Good luck!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Engineer1, ISamson, OmCheeto and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
The only catch is this contest is open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!
One lottery ticket per badge? :biggrin::wink::rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, ISamson, Drakkith and 1 other person
Where I am Sunday started 17h 35 min before your post so in case I don't make any others I am still in. :oldsmile:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Each day this up coming week I'll draw a name . . . That member will receive the book "The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World".

The only catch is this contest is open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades!


First day is Sunday! Good luck!
Can you clarify - is it only open to Staff, advisors etc? Or are you saying it is also open to Staff,...
The book title intrigues me. I'm going to have to check it out. I have not been as active recently as the online analytics classes that I'm taking have started to get more intense. But I'll definitely try to stay involved.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
scottdave said:
Can you clarify - is it only open to Staff, advisors etc? Or are you saying it is also open to Staff,...
The book title intrigues me. I'm going to have to check it out. I have not been as active recently as the online analytics classes that I'm taking have started to get more intense. But I'll definitely try to stay involved.
Only :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave
Greg Bernhardt said:
We're at it again with a new book! This contest is easy. All you have
...
The only catch is this contest is only open to staff, advisors, Insight authors and gold members!


First day is Sunday! Good luck!
 
If I could use like a clapping emoji right now, I would use it. Congrats!
 
doglover9754 said:
If I could use like a clapping emoji right now, I would use it. Congrats!
:partytime:
 
berkeman said:
:partytime:
I already did that one in the last giveaway... we need a clapping one now :3
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
I'd like to thank the Academy, and my mom, and my - ♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
 
DaveC426913 said:
I'd like to thank the Academy, and my mom, and my - ♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
This means nothing without a picture of you in your revealing dress... o0)
 
It's OK, Dave, I don't look so good in a dress anymore either - which is why I made no fuss.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman