7 days 7 books to give away

  • Topic: Announcement 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
78 replies · 7K views
Physics news on Phys.org
On Baker Island and Howland Island it is currently the Thursday, February 8, 4:15 am, but no one lives there.
On Niue, American Samoa and a couple of smaller US islands in the Pacific it is Thursday, February 8, 5:15 am
In Hawaii it is Thursday, February 8, 6:15 am
...
In most of New Zealand it is currently Friday, February 9, 4:15 am
In Samoa and Tonga it is currently Friday, February 9, 5:15 am
In the some of the Line Islands with a population of a few thousands it is currently Friday, February 9, 6:10 am. 25 hours later than Niue, and 26 hours later than two uninhabited islands.

I don't have to know that, I look it up.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: lekh2003
Greg Bernhardt said:
Congrats to @NFuller for winning Wednesday's book!
:partytime:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: NFuller
Greg Bernhardt said:
Congrats to @dlgoff for winning Thursday's book!
What a surprise. :oldsurprised:

Thanks Greg.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Greg Bernhardt said:
Congrats to @dlgoff for winning Thursday's book!
Whoop! Congrats! :partytime:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Ooo! Last day (I think)! Good luck to everyone for Friday’s winner!
 
russ_watters said:
Thanks! I never win anything!
Clearly this is misinformation! o0)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb and dlgoff
I'm making an executive decision for the last book. It is being awarded to @doglover9754 for having great spirit in this contest!

That wraps the contest up! I plan to have another week long book give away in March. There are two books coming out where publishers have donated me a few copies. Very exciting stuff! Stay tuned!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff, doglover9754 and berkeman
Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm making an executive decision for the last book. It is being awarded to @doglover9754 for having great spirit in this contest!

That wraps the contest up! I plan to have another week long book give away in March. There are two books coming out where publishers have donated me a few copies. Very exciting stuff! Stay tuned!
Holy dang I won... I feel so happy
T-T (that’s happy tears right now). But I feel someone else deserves it instead of me. Not because I don’t want it, but for personal issues. Greg, I messaged you about it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
Congrats to @OmCheeto who now takes the book after @doglover9754 declined
:partytime:Whoop! Congrats! I’m at least still honored to have been chosen. Hope you like the book @OmCheeto!
 
Yippie! I love space.

Thanks!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff and doglover9754