Fill three gaps with odd numbers 1-15 to sum to 30

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deebu R
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
Deebu R
Messages
67
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


_+_+_= 30
(Fill the gaps using 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to go with x+y+z= 30
Then tried substituting values
This is not an official question. Just something my friend asked me and I was curious. Please don't take any offense. Thank you very much for helping.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the sum of three odd numbers going to be odd or even ? Why am I asking ?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, member 587159 and berkeman
Deebu R said:

Homework Statement


_+_+_= 30
(Fill the gaps using 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried to go with x+y+z= 30
Then tried substituting values
This is not an official question. Just something my friend asked me and I was curious. Please don't take any offense. Thank you very much for helping.
The values will never add up to 30. Used a computer program to run this
 
kobefine said:
The values will never add up to 30. Used a computer program to run this
Guess you should have read post #2... :smile:

Welcome to the PF, BTW. What language did you code this up in?
 
berkeman said:
Guess you should have read post #2... :smile:

Welcome to the PF, BTW. What language did you code this up in?
Python
 
kobefine said:
The values will never add up to 30. Used a computer program to run this
The problem is simple enough that a computer program is not needed.