1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus A Book on Methods of Integration

1. Oct 4, 2017 #1
    Is there a book that can teach me every single method of integration (except Ryzhik) and Special Functions (Bessel,Hermite,Legendre ,Spherical Harmonics). since I'll be use it in QFT ,It will be very useful to have strong in Bessel Functions and Others Functions and Integrals.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2017 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

if it isn't in Ryzhik, it pretty much can't be done analytically......

4. Oct 4, 2017 #3
    Is Ryzhik Complete?

5. Oct 4, 2017 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

about as complete as anything I have ever found....

6. Oct 4, 2017 #5
    Then Ok, Thanks I'll go with it! since it a complete guide to Bessel F.

7. Oct 5, 2017 #6

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

I've no clue, what "complete" means. For perturbative QFT the single most important functions is the ##\Gamma## function and all kinds of dilogarithms like Spence's functions.

8. Oct 6, 2017 #7

Demystifier

Science Advisor

That's a frequent mistake of beginners, in anything. They want to have a single book (a "Bible") which contains all one needs to know about the given subject. But there is never such a book, on anything.

9. Oct 16, 2017 #8
    there is a book of M.A.ABRAMWITZ handbook of mathematical function and G.N.WATSON t

10. Nov 1, 2017 #9

Ssnow

Gold Member

This is a large collection of methods and results: " Inside Interesting Integrals " of Paul J. Nahin, Springer.
    Ssnow

11. Nov 1, 2017 #10
    Thanks Guys

12. Nov 1, 2017 #11

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm ... there are two authors of this book. You spelled the name of one of the authors incorrectly and neglected the other author completely (shades of Cohen-Tannoudji, Diu, and Laloe).

There are links to free legal copies of Abramowitz and Stegun at the bottom of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramowitz_and_Stegun

13. Nov 1, 2017 #12
    Thanks George, I think this is best thing that having a free book like that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted