A couple of free books to download

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azael
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books Couple
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Azael
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
I am sorry if this has been posted before. I just stumbled over this link and it got me drooling:-p

http://ads.harvard.edu/books/

Does anyone know if the fundamentals of stellar astrophysics by Collins is a good book?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Azael: Collins is still a solid Introduction to General Astrophysics, although it is somewhat dated in areas. Collins updated some of the worst cases in his Online edition (2003), but there are still weak areas that can (and should) be supported by other texts or papers. I am a bit partial to it as I used it for my first course. IMHO you should download it and peruse it, as it still has some value for general intro study. Ishmael
 
Thanks for the link. Lots of nice books there.
 
Ishmael said:
Azael: Collins is still a solid Introduction to General Astrophysics, although it is somewhat dated in areas. Collins updated some of the worst cases in his Online edition (2003), but there are still weak areas that can (and should) be supported by other texts or papers. I am a bit partial to it as I used it for my first course. IMHO you should download it and peruse it, as it still has some value for general intro study. Ishmael

thanks. Maby I will give it a read now that its summer :approve: