A Few Questions I Would Like to Endeavour to Ask

  • Thread starter Thread starter Procrastinate
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Procrastinate
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Ok, I have a Physics exam in two days (on DC circuits) and I've pretty much done everything I've needed to. However, I am anticipating a few difficult problem solving questions, so just in case I would like to clarify a few things:1. Generally, if you had two or more sources of power supply (EMFs) in a circuit; how would you tackle the problem? Just a general formula or tactic would be appropriate?

2. With regard to the voltage symbol in an EMF, does it matter how many lines you have or do a certain amount of lines denote a certain amount of voltage.

3. This last question isn't really to do with problem solving, but rather, I've always wondered. In a DC circuit, does the current always travels from the negative side through a possible route and to the positive end of the power supply?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
1) Use Kirchhoff's junction and loop rule.

2)Do you mean the battery (smal -| big |+)? You cannot deduce the voltage over the battery's terminals from any lines/drawing.

3)Current runs, conventionally, from the + terminal to the - terminal. The electron current itself, since electrons have negative charge, runs from the - terminal to the +terminal
 
Last edited: