A few Quick questions about improving physics education

In summary: For example - This teacher records his lessons in class and he uploads them to Youtube. These videos help me a great deal and if you did the same it probably would too and for future classes.
quantumsuperposition
Hi Everyone,

I am a physics teacher who is working on methods to make physics education easier to grasp for undergrads. I was wondering for help on a few questions I have for any currently struggling in general physics.

When you find yourself stuck on a problem for homework, which resources do you normally go first for help and what is the usual ordering of them? (resources could be texts, classmates, tutors, professors, websites, etc)

In those situations where you are really stuck, what would the ideal solution be for you?

I will happily take private messages if that makes things easier. Thanks so much for your insight, I deeply appreciate it!

-Stephen

Science news on Phys.org
quantumsuperposition said:
Hi Everyone,

I am a physics teacher who is working on methods to make physics education easier to grasp for undergrads. I was wondering for help on a few questions I have for any currently struggling in general physics.

When you find yourself stuck on a problem for homework, which resources do you normally go first for help and what is the usual ordering of them? (resources could be texts, classmates, tutors, professors, websites, etc)

In those situations where you are really stuck, what would the ideal solution be for you?

I will happily take private messages if that makes things easier. Thanks so much for your insight, I deeply appreciate it!

-Stephen

Just so I'm clear, are you asking students or other instructors?

Sorry, I mean this toward students specifically. Thanks for the response!

quantumsuperposition said:
Sorry, I mean this toward students specifically. Thanks for the response!

I just finished Physics 11 last semester, taking Physics 12 next year.
I would usually go online and try finding videos but there's not many out there.
It would have been really useful if the teacher recorder her lessons with audio of her explaining it and then uploading to youtube.
For example -
This teacher records his lessons in class and he uploaded them to Youtube. These videos helped me a great deal and if you did the same it probably would too and for future classes.

Spelling mistake above, Recorded*.

1. What are some common challenges in physics education?

Some common challenges in physics education include a lack of hands-on experimentation, difficulty in understanding abstract concepts, and a lack of real-world applications in the curriculum.

2. How can we make physics education more engaging?

One way to make physics education more engaging is to incorporate interactive activities and demonstrations into the curriculum. This can include experiments, simulations, and group projects that allow students to apply their knowledge in a hands-on way.

3. What role do technology and digital tools play in improving physics education?

Technology and digital tools can greatly enhance physics education by providing visual and interactive representations of abstract concepts, allowing for data analysis and simulations, and providing access to a wider range of resources and information.

4. How can we address the achievement gap in physics education?

To address the achievement gap in physics education, it is important to provide equal access to resources and opportunities for all students. This can include providing support for underrepresented groups, promoting diversity in the field of physics, and addressing any systemic barriers that may exist.

5. How can teachers improve their teaching methods in physics?

Teachers can improve their teaching methods in physics by staying up-to-date with current research and best practices, incorporating a variety of instructional strategies, and seeking feedback from students to continuously improve their teaching style.