1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A few Quick questions about improving physics education

1. May 16, 2016 #1
    Hi Everyone,

I am a physics teacher who is working on methods to make physics education easier to grasp for undergrads. I was wondering for help on a few questions I have for any currently struggling in general physics.

When you find yourself stuck on a problem for homework, which resources do you normally go first for help and what is the usual ordering of them? (resources could be texts, classmates, tutors, professors, websites, etc)

In those situations where you are really stuck, what would the ideal solution be for you?

I will happily take private messages if that makes things easier. Thanks so much for your insight, I deeply appreciate it!

-Stephen

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2016 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Just so I'm clear, are you asking students or other instructors?

4. May 16, 2016 #3
    Sorry, I mean this toward students specifically. Thanks for the response!

5. May 22, 2016 #4
    I just finished Physics 11 last semester, taking Physics 12 next year.
    I would usually go online and try finding videos but theres not many out there.
    It would have been really useful if the teacher recorder her lessons with audio of her explaining it and then uploading to youtube.
    For example -
    This teacher records his lessons in class and he uploaded them to Youtube. These videos helped me a great deal and if you did the same it probably would too and for future classes.

6. May 22, 2016 #5
    Spelling mistake above, Recorded*.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted