A Rain Song -- Favorite one? Memorable one? One you like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter difalcojr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Music
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
66 replies · 11K views
Stormy Weather.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hutchphd and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Since I know all the members of this forum like the Grateful Dead's music so very, very much. :smile: Sure.
Dead marathon all day and night today. KPFA.org. Or at 94.1FM on your radio dial if you live near Berkeley.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: hutchphd, BillTre and pinball1970
Eugene has Downtown Deb on the radio every Saturday at 7 PM.
Almost all Dead.
 
pinball1970 said:
THIS is why I love YouTube. Beatles =blocked and 101 other bands, how about a cover with only a few subscribers? She does a great job and even wears the cool 60s glasses.
I forgot to say that I've listened to this song quite a few times because I liked it (I really liked her vocals in particular), and it has often given me the earworm syndrome.

I'm not joking, the first time I heard it I had the song stuck in my head the entire day :biggrin:.

Well, nothing to complain about, it's a great song, so it wasn't painful :smile:.
 
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasa-transmits-hip-hop-song-to-deep-space-for-first-time
The stars above and on Earth aligned as an inspirational message and lyrics from the song “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)” by hip-hop artist Missy Elliott were beamed to Venus via NASA’s DSN (Deep Space Network). The agency’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California sent the transmission at 10:05 a.m. PDT on Friday, July 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_(Supa_Dupa_Fly)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missy_Elliott