A Rain Song -- Favorite one? Memorable one? One you like?

• Music
  • Thread starter difalcojr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
difalcojr
Here's one on his birthday today:

• Love
Likes DennisN, pinball1970 and sandy stone
Science news on Phys.org

• Love
Likes marcusl, DennisN, pinball1970 and 1 other person
How about The Rain Song.

If you can't see it here's the music only.

Blocked territories:
Afghanistan, Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo - Brazzaville, Congo - Kinshasa, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard & McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Barthélemy, St. Helena, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Pierre & Miquelon, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Türkiye, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

• Sad
Likes difalcojr

Likes difalcojr
Cold rain and snow.

Likes pinball1970
Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart - Here Comes The Rain Again (Remastered)

Likes pinball1970 and difalcojr
Another good one:

Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains (Live, Later Jools Holland, a stellar performance IMO)

Likes pinball1970, bigfooted, morrobay and 1 other person
I've got a couple...

Both great songs, and as a New Orleans native they also have particular relevance (for different reasons).

• Love
Likes DennisN, pinball1970 and difalcojr
From "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid":

• Love
Likes pinball1970, difalcojr and DennisN
Not the best song about rain probably but it is called Rain. B side of paperback writer I think so it's weird there is a video for it. Never seen it till now, man John looks cool as hell. Paul not so much with his chipped tooth!

Likes difalcojr
THIS is why I love YouTube. Beatles =blocked and 101 other bands, how about a cover with only a few subscribers? She does a great job and even wears the cool 60s glasses.

Edit: Also blocked....I hate yt sometimes.

• Love
Likes difalcojr and DennisN
Neil Sedaka

Likes Astranut and DennisN
One in million voice, Karen Carpenter

• Care
Likes difalcojr
DennisN said:
Another good one:

Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains (Live, Later Jools Holland, a stellar performance IMO)

Allright . Where have they been ? Changed my opinion of modern groups !

Likes pinball1970 and DennisN
pinball1970 said:
a few subscribers? She does a great job and even wears the cool 60s glasses.
Darn, they sound almost like a female version of Oasis! :smile: Great vocals!
(and Oasis sometimes sounded like a 1990s version of Beatles, some great songs but not as much variety as the Beatles, of course)

Likes pinball1970
I like "The Sky is Crying" by the late great Elmore James

and "Rhythm of the Falling Rain" by the Cascades

Likes Astranut, difalcojr and pinball1970
Peter Gabriel - Red Rain

Likes robphy and pinball1970
Joe Satriani - Tears in the Rain

DennisN said:
Darn, they sound almost like a female version of Oasis! :smile: Great vocals!
(and Oasis sometimes sounded like a 1990s version of Beatles, some great songs but not as much variety as the Beatles, of course)
It's just one gal Dennis!

Likes DennisN
Flowers in the Rain, The Move.
This was also the first record played on the then new Radio One on the 30th September 1967. EDIT: Radio 1 is UK Radio

• Love
Likes DennisN and pinball1970
I just remembered this classic: :smile:

Singin' in the Rain (Full Song/Dance - '52) - Gene Kelly

• Love
Likes bigfooted, marcusl, difalcojr and 1 other person
Buddy Holly, Raining in my Heart.

Likes DennisN and difalcojr
morrobay said:

Darn, I like her voice a lot! :smile:

Likes pinball1970
Join the Club

Likes pinball1970
Queensryche - Another Rainy Night

Likes bigfooted
Thank you to everyone who post a rain song. I've really enjoyed listening to all of this music. :smile: An eclectic mix of sounds. The 2 old Top 40 ones I remember the most too, Dee Clark and Cascades. 2 very memorable movie songs, and a fun variety, slow and fast, happy and sad, and most of which I never have heard until now, both new and old ones. Good going.

Likes pinball1970
This one has been playing in my mind for a while lately. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain.

Likes pinball1970
Deep Purple, "One more Rainy Day" it's when they were finding their feet, are we psychedelic? Rock? Pop?

I like the music but never liked Rod Evens voice, too cabaret.

Paicey is fantastic on the fade out.

Last edited:
Likes difalcojr
Credence, "Have you Ever seen the rain."

:smile: . . .

Likes difalcojr
Folk ladies sang about rain. Judy Collins: In the Early Morning Rain. Joni Mitchell: Rainy Night House

Likes marcusl and pinball1970
The Cult.

• Love
Likes DennisN and morrobay
Always liked that Credence Clearwater one from post above a lot, but not the video interpretation of the lyrics. Oh well. Raining today here lots.

Likes marcusl and pinball1970
Love, Reign O'er Me - The Who

pinball1970 said:
The Cult.

I was thinking about posting that song in this thread actually. :smile:

The Cult was one of my favorite bands when was younger. I absolutely love the albums "Love", "Electric" and Sonic Temple". And I've seen them live once only, in Copenhagen.

[Off topic]

Two fun clips about The Cult:

The Cult's Billy Duffy on his History with Gretsch | Artist Interview | Gretsch Guitars

Famous Band’s #1 Song DIVIDED Fans SO MUCH a Fan PUNCHED the Singer in the Face! | Professor of Rock

Incredibly enough, the Love album which the song Rain is on, was produced by Wham!s producer Steve Brown :biggrin: (it's described in the video above).

By the way, I've played She Sells Sanctuary live once, actually (I played lead guitar).
It's not particularly difficult, but you got to get the guitar effects right, it's a central part to the guitar in that song. One of the early bands I was in did a gig with only covers, and that was one of the songs.

[/Off topic]

Last edited: