A really big stem and leaf plot?

• Thread starter kappcity06
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plot Stem
In summary, there are a total of 1,990,380 fleas, with 105,700 mice, 343 hippos, 2,401 bats, 16,807 hawks, 284,549 kites, and 1,991,270 apples. Each of these quantities has six bugs, resulting in a total of 6,342,000 bugs. Finally, with seven fleas per bug, the total number of fleas is 4,439,400.
kappcity06
There are seven Mice.

For every Mouse, there are seven Hippos. For every Hippo, there are seven Bats. For every Hippo, there are seven Hawks. For every Hawk, there are seventeen Kites. For every Kite, there are seven apples. Every thing has six bugs. Every Bug has seven Fleas.

How many Fleas are there total?

I tried making a stem and leaf plot but it is just not working out.

Any one with help? please

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Should this be in the H/W section? well here's how i started it:

1Mouse->7Hippos; 7Mice->49Hippos
1Hippo->7Bats; 49Hippos->343Bats
1Hippo->7Hawks; 49Hippos->
1Hawk->17Kites
1Kite->7Apples

hope this helps

Just count how much of each thing there is, and add them all up. Then multiply by the number of bugs, then by the number of fleas

i tried to count them up but i keep getting the answer wrong?

what type of answers are you getting? I'm getting something in the range of millions of fleas

i got 1.3 million. any where near yours

i got around 1.9million

I don't know if my math is right in this case, so check up guys!

Heres my answer,

7 mice = 49 hippos
49 hippo = 343 bats
49 hippo = 343 hawks
343 hawk = 5831 kites
5831 kite = 99127 apples

Thats what i get after solving each "equation" to get the resultant amount of each things. Now i get the total of the above, which comes up to be 105700. As all of these total have 6 bugs, i multiply the answer with six, i.e. 105700*6=634200. Now each of these value has 7 fleas, so multiply the result with 7 to get 4439400. Is that the right answer?

Regards,
Sleek.

No I think the answer is 1990380. It's a dumb qustion though.

i'll tell you at the end of the week wheni should know

1. What is a stem and leaf plot?

A stem and leaf plot is a type of data visualization tool that displays numerical data in an organized and easy-to-read format. It is similar to a histogram, but uses the actual data points instead of bars.

2. How do I create a stem and leaf plot?

To create a stem and leaf plot, first arrange your data in ascending order. Then, write the stem values (the first digit) on the left side of a vertical line and the leaf values (the remaining digits) on the right side of the line, next to their respective stems. Finally, add a key to show how many digits are in the leaves.

3. When should I use a stem and leaf plot?

A stem and leaf plot is useful for displaying a large amount of data in a compact and organized way. It is particularly helpful when you want to compare two sets of data or identify patterns and outliers within a single set of data.

4. What are the advantages of using a stem and leaf plot?

One advantage of using a stem and leaf plot is that it retains the original data, allowing for easy calculation of measures of central tendency and dispersion. Additionally, it is visually simple and can be quickly interpreted by anyone, regardless of their statistical knowledge.

5. Can I use a stem and leaf plot for both quantitative and categorical data?

No, a stem and leaf plot is only suitable for displaying quantitative data. For categorical data, a bar graph or pie chart would be more appropriate.