A very strange but true story: Politics, mystical visions, and murder

In summary, during a political candidate forum, Rod Spraggins publicly accused his opponent, Waites, of murder. Despite having no evidence to support his claim except for a vision, police have now confirmed that Spraggins was right. The opponent, Waites, initially threatened to sue for slander but now faces charges for the murder. Additionally, the conversation participants speculate that Spraggins may have had inside knowledge of the murder.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That is, at least part of it is true...

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) -- More than five years ago, Rod Spraggins made a sensational charge at a candidate forum, publicly accusing a political opponent of murder with nothing to back up the allegation except, it turns out, a vision.

Now police say Spraggins was right.[continued]
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/10/political.whodunit.ap/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would sue him for slander. (until they find out he was right and throw me in jail )

he accused Waites of killing his wife and dared the man to sue him for slander if he was wrong.

I would bet that he knows something but doesn't want to say how he knows it.

When I lived in Minnesota there was a story about a woman who'd been found stabbed to death. She had been engaged at the time, so the paper interviewed the finance. His comment was something like "Well, there goes all our plans for a happy marriage." I was instantly convinced he did it, just because of the selfish tone of the remark.

1. What is the main topic of "A very strange but true story: Politics, mystical visions, and murder"?

The main topic of this story is a strange and unusual sequence of events involving politics, mystical visions, and murder.

2. Is this story based on true events?

Yes, this story is based on a true and bizarre series of events that actually happened.

3. How do politics and mystical visions relate to each other in this story?

The story explores how the political landscape and mystical beliefs can intersect and influence each other in unexpected ways.

4. Is the murder in this story solved?

Yes, the murder in this story is solved, but not in a conventional way. The resolution involves strange and mystical elements.

5. What makes this story so strange and unique?

This story is strange and unique because it combines elements of politics, mystical visions, and murder in a way that is not typically seen in traditional storytelling. It also delves into the mysterious and unexplainable, making it a fascinating and thought-provoking read.