Abstract Algebra mathematica add on

In summary, The conversation discusses the issue of generating a group using the GenerateGroupoidByRelations[] function. The user is facing an error due to the SizeLimit option and is unsure how to solve it. They mention finding a solution using Todd Coxeter after an hour, but suggest using GAP instead for a more efficient solution.
Jesssa
hey,

I have this group I've been trying to generate using the GenerateGroupoidByRelations[] function but it keeps giving me an error,

G = GenerateGroupoidByRelations[{a, b}, {a^4 == e, b^4 == e, a ** b ** a ** b == e, a^3 ** b ** a^3 ** b == e}, SizeLimit -> 60]

gives

GenerateGroupoid::size: The size of the set generated thus far exceeds the current value of 25 given by the option SizeLimit. (The elements generated thus far are shown below.)

It outputs a list of elements after this, but it depends on what i set the sizelimit too, if i set it to a large number ,it will spit out hundreds, if set it to 60 it will spit out 60

This group only has 16 elements which I found after an hour of todd coxeter,

Does anyone know how I could get mathematica to generate this group?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know the answer, but I think mathematica isn't really good for such questions. I recommend that you look at GAP: http://www.gap-system.org/ Such questions can easily be solved there.

What is Abstract Algebra mathematica add on?

Abstract Algebra mathematica add on is a software package designed to enhance the functionality of the mathematica software for abstract algebra calculations. It provides a variety of tools and functions for performing computations and visualizations related to abstract algebra.

What are the key features of Abstract Algebra mathematica add on?

The key features of Abstract Algebra mathematica add on include the ability to perform calculations with abstract algebraic objects such as groups, rings, and fields, as well as visualization tools for these objects. It also includes functions for solving equations and proving theorems in abstract algebra.

Is Abstract Algebra mathematica add on easy to use?

Yes, Abstract Algebra mathematica add on is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. It has a user-friendly interface and provides detailed documentation and tutorials to help users get started with the software.

Can Abstract Algebra mathematica add on be used for research purposes?

Yes, Abstract Algebra mathematica add on is a powerful tool for conducting research in abstract algebra. It can handle complex computations and provide visualizations that can aid in understanding abstract algebraic concepts.

Are there any resources available for learning how to use Abstract Algebra mathematica add on?

Yes, there are various resources available for learning how to use Abstract Algebra mathematica add on. These include tutorials, user guides, and online forums where users can ask questions and get help from other users.