Academic Guidance for IIT Madras Aerospace Student Applying to US Universities

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Agoovi
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am a student of (indian) IIT Madras(first year) in the department of aerospace.
I am thinking of applying to US universities as a transfer student (in likes of MIT, etc). The reason being that IITs and so do India doesn't have enough oppurtunities in the area of my interest (aerospace).l needed some advise that will it be better to apply for transfer student and wat chances do I have?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It is almost always easier to be admitted to a US university as a freshman than as a transfer student.
 
But I can't apply as a freshman because at the end of this year I would have completed 3 semesters here in IIT of my BTech program.