Accuracy of moon orbiting earth in how many days and hours

In summary, when asked about the accuracy of the moon's orbit around Earth in terms of days, hours, and seconds, the conversation lead to discussing the different orbital periods of the moon, specifically the sidereal and synodic months. It was mentioned that there can never be an integer number of days in a year, and the calculation of 14 x 27.321662 was given as an example. The conversation then turned to the topic of time and religion, with one person sharing their own calculations for the length of a day and year based on the orbit of the moon. It was noted that personal theories are not permitted to be discussed on this site, and the conversation was concluded.
Ahmed2017
Can anyone tell me accurately.

accuracy of moon orbiting Earth in how many days and hours and seconds and if it is multiplied by 14 how much it will be in days.

i need accurate answer.

Thanks,
Ahmed.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to be more specific. This Wikipedia page describes some of the subtleties of the moon's orbit. The table under "Lunar Periods" gives some of the different orbital periods. You probably mean one of the two periods listed below. These are accurate to about 0.1 seconds. Accurate enough?

Name Value (days) Definition
Sidereal month 27.321662 with respect to the distant stars (13.36874634 passes per solar orbit)
Synodic month 29.530589 with respect to the Sun (phases of the Moon, 12.36874634 passes per solar orbit)

i need accural of moon orbiting planet Earth through distant stars.

27.321662 x 14

suppose 27.321662 is of the month and 14 is called as a day so

14 x 27.321662 will be how many days in a year where 14 means day and 27.321662 means 1 month.

i need exact days in numbers not reflecting to more days. It must be accurate.

No matter how you measure it, a day and a year are not commensurate, meaning there can never be an integer number of days in a year. The length of the day and the length of the year are simply two random real numbers. Also, you should read the Terms and Rules of this site with regards to personal theories, which are not permitted to be discussed.

i wanted accuracy of moon orbiting Earth in number of days. like 27 is the common day where moon orbits Earth in 27 days but after 27 days if there are hours and seconds then that makes the calculation little different but it will be same but not accurate.

wondering if anyone can tell me accuracy in 14 x 27.321662

Ahmed2017 said:
wondering if anyone can tell me accuracy in 14 x 27.321662
One part in one hundred million, just by counting significant digits

Are you asking how different 14 x 27.321662 is from being an integer number of days? 14 x 27.321662 = 382.503268 days = 382 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes, 42.35 seconds. Does this help?

thanks phyzguy i made my own time for my religion which doesn't belongs to anyone calculated from oribiting of moon over Earth because it was Earth which gave support of life on earth.

here are my calculations for accuracy of correct time on planet Earth calculated through distant of stars.

1 day : 7 hours day and 7 hours night

total 14 hours in day and night

7 hours = 700 minutes

1 hour = 100 minutes

1 minute = 700 seconds

100 minutes = 70000 seconds

700 minutes = 700000 seconds

14 x 27 days (14 hours a day and night of Earth x 27 days moon orbiting earth)

a year is of 382 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes, 42.35 seconds according
to distant stars of universe.

the time is calculated by ahmed through calculation of ahmed and exact year age calculation provided by ahmed to physics advisor of planet Earth who calculated exact age of year from ahmed provided calculation. Ahmed calculated time through life existence on planet Earth calculated from orbiting of moon over Earth and original god brought life on planet Earth according to believerism religion.

phyzguy said:
Also, you should read the Terms and Rules of this site with regards to personal theories, which are not permitted to be discussed.
Ahmed2017 said:
a year is of 382 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes, 42.35 seconds according
to distant stars of universe.

the time is calculated by ahmed through calculation of ahmed and exact year age calculation provided by ahmed to physics advisor of planet Earth who calculated exact age of year from ahmed provided calculation. Ahmed calculated time through life existence on planet Earth calculated from orbiting of moon over Earth and original god brought life on planet Earth according to believerism religion.
How nice. Thread is done.

Likes russ_watters

What is the average time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth?

The average time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth is 27 days, 7 hours, and 43 minutes.

Can the time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth vary?

Yes, the time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth can vary due to factors such as the moon's own orbit around the sun, gravitational interactions with other celestial bodies, and the earth's own rotation and orbit around the sun.

Why does the moon appear to change its shape during its orbit?

The moon appears to change its shape during its orbit due to its position relative to the sun and the earth. As it moves around the earth, different portions of the moon are illuminated by the sun, causing it to appear to change shape.

Is the time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth exactly the same every month?

No, the time it takes for the moon to orbit the earth can vary slightly from month to month due to the changing distance between the earth and the moon, as well as other factors such as the moon's elliptical orbit.

How do scientists measure the accuracy of the moon's orbit around the earth?

Scientists use various methods to measure the accuracy of the moon's orbit around the earth, including satellite observations, laser ranging, and radio tracking. These techniques allow for precise measurements of the moon's position and movement, which can then be used to calculate its orbit and assess its accuracy.