Afraid no one will care about my calculations

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's upcoming release of a new logic that aims to address the common sense problem in AI and bring more scientific approach to metaphysics. However, the speaker expresses concern that people may not be willing to put in the effort to perform the calculations recommended. The conversation also mentions the importance of peer review and publication in a suitable journal for the idea to gain recognition.
gamow99
I'm coming out with a new logic in about a year which hopefully will be the first step towards solving the common sense problem in AI as well as making metaphysics more scientific. I'm afraid people will be unwilling to the hard work of performing the calculations I recommend.

Physics news on Phys.org
gamow99 said:
I'm coming out with a new logic in about a year which hopefully will be the first step towards solving the common sense problem in AI as well as making metaphysics more scientific. I'm afraid people will be unwilling to the hard work of performing the calculations I recommend.

If there's value in what you have done, it will survive peer review and people will pay attention.
Thus, the first step is publication in a suitable peer-reviewed journal.

Nugatory's answer is correct. Thread closed.

What is the importance of my calculations?

The importance of your calculations depends on the context in which they are used. If you are conducting research or experiments, your calculations are crucial in providing evidence and supporting your findings. If you are using calculations to make decisions or solve problems, they can greatly impact the outcome. In general, all calculations serve a purpose and have significance in their respective fields.

How can I ensure that my calculations are accurate?

To ensure accuracy in your calculations, it is important to double-check your work and use reliable sources of information and data. It can also be helpful to have a colleague or mentor review your calculations for any errors or discrepancies. Additionally, using appropriate units and following established formulas can also contribute to the accuracy of your calculations.

What if my calculations are different from someone else's?

Different calculations can arise from different approaches, methods, or assumptions. It is important to assess the validity and reliability of both calculations before drawing any conclusions. If there are significant discrepancies, it may be beneficial to revisit the calculations and identify any potential errors. Collaboration and discussion with others can also help to understand the differences and reach a consensus.

How can I present my calculations in a clear and understandable way?

To present your calculations effectively, it is important to use clear and concise language, organized and well-labeled diagrams or tables, and appropriate visual aids. It can also be helpful to provide background information and context for your calculations to help the audience understand their significance. Additionally, considering the audience's level of understanding and using appropriate terminology can aid in presenting your calculations clearly.

What if I make a mistake in my calculations?

Making mistakes in calculations is a common occurrence, and it is important to recognize and address them. If you realize your mistake before sharing your calculations, it is best to correct it and recheck your work. If the mistake is discovered after sharing your calculations, it is important to acknowledge and address it, and if necessary, revise your findings. Taking responsibility for mistakes and learning from them is a crucial aspect of the scientific process.