Ah, another of these language questions....

• Lingusitics
  • Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Language
In summary, "Chemistry Calculators" is the recommended option for the ad, as it effectively targets the US audience of chemists and is clear and concise.
Borek
Mentor
Chemical calculators, chemistry calculators, calculators for chemists - which of these sounds/looks best? (If it matters, let's say US audience).

I need it for an ad and I don't want the ad to be ruined by an awkward wording. After all, I will pay for impressions so I want the highest possible CTR. These words are what will be visible together with the domain name before the video starts.

Science news on Phys.org
  • Chemical Calculators -- What I would expect at a chemical manufacturer website to help me find a particular chemical that I'm looking for
  • Chemistry Calculators -- Nice generic term
  • Calculators for Chemists -- Probably the best for your purposes. More intriguing for potential customers, I think.

Last edited:
Likes hmmm27, Klystron, gleem and 2 others

Personally, I think "Chemistry Calculators" would be the most effective option for a US audience. It is clear and concise, and it specifically targets the audience of chemists. "Chemical Calculators" could potentially be confusing or too broad, and "Calculators for Chemists" may not catch the attention as much as the other two options. Ultimately, it depends on the specific context and target audience, but in general, I believe "Chemistry Calculators" would be the best choice.

1. What is the purpose of asking "Ah, another of these language questions...."?

The phrase "Ah, another of these language questions...." is typically used as a sarcastic or dismissive response to a question about language. It implies that the topic has been discussed or asked about frequently and is not worth discussing further.

2. Why do people use this phrase when responding to language questions?

Some people use this phrase as a way to express annoyance or frustration with the frequency of language questions. It can also be used as a way to signal that the question is not original or thought-provoking.

3. Is it rude to use this phrase when responding to a language question?

It depends on the context and tone in which the phrase is used. In some cases, it can be seen as rude or dismissive. However, in other cases, it may be used playfully or as a way to express camaraderie with others who are also tired of hearing the same language questions.

4. Does using this phrase contribute to a negative attitude towards language questions?

Using this phrase may contribute to a negative attitude towards language questions, as it implies that the topic is not worth discussing and can discourage people from asking questions about language. It is important to be mindful of how our words and responses may affect others.

5. How can we encourage discussions about language without using this phrase?

One way to encourage discussions about language is to approach questions with curiosity and open-mindedness. Instead of dismissing a question, try to engage in a conversation and share your own insights and knowledge. It is also important to be respectful and understanding towards those who may have different perspectives or levels of knowledge about language.