Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Al-Zarqawi caught, released By mistake

1. Dec 16, 2005 #1
    Al-Zarqawi was captured and released by Iraqi(not U.S.) troops.Maybe we shouldn't withdarw troops the Iraqi's can't even keep Insugent leader's in pirson without doing somthing stupid.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah I saw this article, they say it happened a year ago.

4. Dec 17, 2005 #3

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe he showed them his US passport ? :biggrin:

5. Dec 18, 2005 #4
    Al-Zarqawi is a myth.

6. Dec 18, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

probably bought one in mexico.

And the paper was made in china.

7. Dec 18, 2005 #6
    Then why whould the Iraqi's make up a story that makes them look bad?:rofl:
    If he was a myth they probally whould of said that they caught and then decide to just kill him and not have worry about his trail.
    Where did you hear that he's a myth?

8. Dec 18, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

From the people who brought you the 9/11 conspiracy and Fahrenheit 9/11.

9. Dec 18, 2005 #8
    Where did you hear that he's real? Zarqawi IS a conspiracy theory fabrication.

10. Dec 18, 2005 #9
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist leader believed to be responsible for the abduction of Kenneth Bigley, is 'more myth than man', according to American military intelligence agents in Iraq.
    No why would American military intelligence make up a story that makes them look bad?:rofl:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/10/04/wirq04.xml

You know, here outside the US we check various sources of news and make up our own mind. But if you choose the easy way to believe all the lies that the Bush administration continues to spout, please go ahead. I just thought there was a minor chance that you would be able to open your eyes and start thinking for yourself.

11. Dec 18, 2005 #10
    Mercator, you've been staring at the sun too long. Our eyes are just fine.

Do you have any evidence to back up your statements? Or are you shooting from the hip, cowboy. ;-)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  12. Dec 18, 2005 #11
    So you are saying that American military intelligenceis lying?
    Not that I necessarily disagree with that :rofl: But if your eyes are so fine, why don't you read the post before you reply something besides the question?

13. Dec 18, 2005 #12
    Reread the article, it does not say that he is a myth. It says the extent to his actions may be over-estimated. He is very real, and very dangerous.
    You have to assume they are not lying, until you have sufficent evidence or proof to justify the idea of them lying. It's how the system works.
    and ill have you know that my eyes are terrible, I need stronger glasses AGAIN! im blind as a bat these days :frown:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  14. Dec 19, 2005 #13
    I repeat:
    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the terrorist leader believed to be responsible for the abduction of Kenneth Bigley, is 'more myth than man',[/B] according to American military intelligence agents in Iraq.
    I don't say that Zarqawi does not exist. His actions and his role however have been made into a myth. Kinda like Satan has been created by Christians to represent all evil. It does not mean there is no evil, but just like it is useless to try to find satan to eliminate evil, it's useless to try to find Zarqawi. Zarqawi is a convenient "symbol" for both sides. The truth is that there is no Zarqawi acting as the leader of the whole insurgency, but rather a buch of different groups, each with their own agenda. Focusing on "Zarqawi" is dangerous for the troops in Iraq, because it conceals the real situation (and American military, contrary to the media and believers like yourself, have long abandoned the Zarqawi myth.)
    But hey, give my regards to Santa Claus when you meet him.

15. Dec 19, 2005 #14
    For future reference, dont say whats going on behind the scenes of any government or military without having specific official sources. You wouldent belive my opinions as hard fact, becuase im not in the government, so why should I take yours to be? Have you talked with these insurgents? Do you know their end goals and hierarchical structure? So I guess the media, who get their sources from the Department of defense and the pentagon, they are all wrong. But only outside countries such as yourself get the "good" information from the US government on our policy. The US government must be keeping all the real issues hidden from their own media and only shared with other countries right? :uhh:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2005
  16. Dec 19, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Whoa, i don't think rational statements like that are allowed in politics & world affairs.

17. Dec 19, 2005 #16
    Sorry, I appologize. I was just being sarcastic. Ill change it. But my point is dont go off on the US media and Government without having hard PROOF to justify it....wait a minute, now I get your sarcasm.....I feel stupid.

We can think just fine for ourselves thank you. Keep your false propoganda to yourself next time, buddy. It makes you sound incredulous.

18. Dec 19, 2005 #17

Mk

We occasionally hear of the US of updating their passports to make them more secure and un-counterfeitable.

But the thing is Syria and Jordan don't update their passports, because they need people coming in, and they wan't terrorists going out, to terrorize Western countries. You can probably print out a Syrian passport out of your home printer. :frown:

19. Dec 19, 2005 #18
    I always wanted duel citizenship Mk! :-)

20. Dec 19, 2005 #19
    I have provided a link which you obviously refuse to consider. That's fine, but then don't argue. It is exactly the kind of nonsense you write that lowers the quality of this forum.
    I make a statement, supported by a credible link and you dance around it in the hope to make me look stupid. I have to protest this and ask the mentors to stop this kind of behaviour. If I am to remain polite on this board, then the least I expect is for others to do the same.
    Now if there is anyone willing to comment on the Zarqawi myth, I'm open for discussion, but please refrain from this kind of nonsensical remarks.

21. Dec 19, 2005 #20
    Im not trying to be rude, but sir, you are openly bashing my country and calling my countryment incompetent, meanwhile you provide no real reason as to why. What, one link from ONE newsite? Common, no one called your country and your leaders a bunch of lyers.... Im sorry if I offended you, but I find your anti-us remarks highly insulting and without merit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?