An entire online text for Precalc from the Univeristy of Houston.

In summary, the University of Houston offers a comprehensive online text for precalculus covering topics such as functions, graphing, and trigonometry. The text includes interactive features, practice problems, and resources for students to enhance their understanding and mastery of the subject. It is a valuable resource for students seeking to improve their precalculus skills through online learning.
Brilliant!
http://online.math.uh.edu/Math1330/index.html

It's the best free source I've seen. It's the project of grad students and is a comprehensive online text that has everything you'd expect from a textbook. And on top of that, there are streaming lectures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Excellent books. These should help me greatly.

These look great and should help a lot.

Thanks, I've been looking for something like this for some time. Attempting to catch up with the education I should have received in high school...

Is there any trigonometry materials that anyone knows out there that I can consume within 3-5 hours max? I need it for a project and it has been a long time since my high school days... I need a quick refresher...

Thank you very much Sankuku... It is very much appreciated!

Thanks 'Brilliant!', very useful precalculus textbook.

Thanks!

1. What topics are covered in the online Precalc text from the University of Houston?

The online Precalc text from the University of Houston covers topics such as functions, polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometry, and analytic geometry.

2. Is the online Precalc text from the University of Houston suitable for self-study or is it meant for a classroom setting?

The online Precalc text from the University of Houston can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. It includes interactive activities and practice problems to help reinforce concepts.

3. Are there any prerequisites for using the online Precalc text from the University of Houston?

The online Precalc text from the University of Houston assumes a basic understanding of algebra and geometry. It is recommended that students have completed a high school level algebra course before using this text.

4. Can the online Precalc text from the University of Houston be accessed on any device?

Yes, the online Precalc text from the University of Houston is accessible on any device with internet access. It is optimized for desktop, laptop, and tablet use.

5. Is the online Precalc text from the University of Houston free to use?

Yes, the online Precalc text from the University of Houston is completely free to use. There is no cost for accessing the text or any of the resources included within it.