1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analysing 'resting' & 'after excercise' ECG'S

1. Nov 11, 2015 #1
    i Need to analyse the changes to parts of the ECG after exercise in comparison to the heart ecg before exercise. (see attached images).

the questions are:

1. After exercise, the T-Q interval?
    I put is no longer visible, but it was wrong.

2. Changes in the R wave after exercise is due to?

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You need to show more effort on your schoolwork. We do not do your schoolwork for you here. What reading have you been doing about this?

4. Nov 11, 2015 #3
    Ok, I've been doing reading about it, but finding it difficult.

For Q1. Im thinking that the T-Q interval has gotten smaller in width, so the pace is going much faster, than when at resting

for q.2. The height of the R wave has increased after exercise, but i dont know what this is due to

5. Nov 11, 2015 #4

berkeman

Sounds right.
    I'm not seeing any difference in height. What happens during exercise? How do the body and the heart adjust to accommodate the higher demand for O2 and CO2 management?

6. Nov 11, 2015 #5

berkeman

And what does the R wave represent? What generates it?

7. Nov 11, 2015 #6
    the heart has to pump faster to accommodate; so send the signals throughout to the nodes quicker

the R wave is the depolarization of the electrical signal through from the purkinjee fibres to the ventricles

8. Nov 11, 2015 #7

berkeman

I did a Google search on ECG Changes During Exercise, and got some great hits. One of the first ones was for humankinetics.com, and it should help you a lot. Try the same Google search to find the link. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted