Android Wins: Which Mobile OS is Best for You?

In Summary, Apple has an advantage in terms of technology and design, but Android has an advantage in terms of app availability.
HyperTechno
meBigGuy said:
I'd say android, by far, due largely to the availability of apps. And, I'd stick with trying to get a vanilla android experience, like nexus 5 was (not sure what the best choice is now).

If you asked iphone vs android, that would be a tougher question and more a matter of taste.

I OS is the most advanced mobile OS ever created. I do think it's much capable and technically advanced than android...:wink:

Computer science news on Phys.org
HyperTechno said:
I OS is the most advanced mobile OS ever created. I do think it's much capable and technically advanced than android

That's easy to say. Show some technological facts to back that up or be forever labeled an Apple Fanboy. What OS level features in iOS are superior to Android?

Unlike IOS, Android supports expandable storage, open API, multi-tasking, widgets, and it is easy to load/unload files from device.
Don't start touting apple apps (imessage is the only good one), because that's not the same as your claim of "most advanced mobile OS".

Where iOS/Apple does have an advantage is that the phone and OS are built by 1 company, so they are well integrated, and Apple designs ( and tightly controls) a very specific user experience (which for some is a negative) and, for the most part, builds very good hardware.

EDIT: I guess iOS 7 supports multitasking

Last edited:
meBigGuy said:
That's easy to say. Show some technological facts to back that up or be forever labeled an Apple Fanboy. What OS level features in iOS are superior to Android?

1st of all , IOS is much easier to operate, and the new minimalistic design(of IOS7/8) makes it even better.
IOS is made exactly to match the hardware of apple iphone, means that it's significantly fast in app loading and performance comparatively to a similar hardware specked android phone.
IOS has a clearer view which makes it easy for the users to operate and do multitasking.
Well in widgets and in notifications, android is slightly better...
iOS 8 apps have a sharing menu that let apps interact with one another. So, you can share a link from Safari directly to Evernote or Pocket right from the browser, instead of copy and pasting the url...
Sharing menu is more customizable in IOS.
It's painful to wait for updates in android but in IOS whenever Apple released a new version of iOS, it’s on the way.
In security, apple have the lead as it's closed ecosystem helps in keeping your system locked.
Plus , 50% of the play store apps are malicious.

SO OVEROLL, There is not a wide gap, but IOS still better.........:wink:

PLUS, Windows 10 is coming for mobile, with universal platform so that you can use android apps too, which somehow will be a great challenger for android and IOS, well new superior flagship LUMIAS are on the way, named by rumors as 950 and 950XL which will be the best capable , and the most powerful phones ever made, by far...:smile::woot::smile::woot::oldsurprised:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Micr...nveiled-at-a-special-event-in-October_id72079

Last edited:
1st of all , IOS is much easier to operate, and the new minimalistic design(of IOS7/8) makes it even better.
Not an OS technology feature, and easier to operate is a subjective judgement, but I said as much above.
IOS is made exactly to match the hardware of apple iphone, means that it's significantly fast in app loading and performance comparatively to a similar hardware specked android phone.
Not an OS technology feature, but true, and I said as much in my post above
IOS has a clearer view which makes it easy for the users to operate and do multitasking.
Not an OS technology feature, also very subjective
Well in widgets and in notifications, android is slightly better...
Hmmm --- that's an OS technology feature and Apple loses
iOS 8 apps have a sharing menu that let apps interact with one another. So, you can share a link from Safari directly to Evernote or Pocket right from the browser, instead of copy and pasting the url...
Not sure about this --- sounds like an OS feature
Sharing menu is more customizable in IOS.
Not sure
It's painful to wait for updates in android but in IOS whenever Apple released a new version of iOS, it’s on the way.
Not an OS technology feature, and I'm never in a hurry to update.
In security, apple have the lead as it's closed ecosystem helps in keeping your system locked.
Apple OS is thought to be more secure -- a significant feature
Plus , 50% of the play store apps are malicious.
Not an OS technology feature - where is your data from? I think the real number is 4%You seem to be talking Apple ecosystem vs. Android ecosystem, which is not what you said "OS is the most advanced mobile OS ever created. I do think it's much capable and technically advanced than android" You specifically said the OS is technologically more advanced, which was not even close until iOS7. We'll have to see what is on the horizon for Android M, but you can google what is being said.

Any how I like IOS. I read about android M and it's not yet released officially but the build has quite nice features. I'm looking forward to the windows 10 mobile official release. Quite interested to know what kind of special features in it... . Will it be able to run android or ios apps as they say?

HyperTechno said:
Any how I like IOS.

Ahhh... so you admit you are an apple fanboy! :biggrin:

:wink:

1. What is Android Wins and what does it offer?

Android Wins is a comparison of the top mobile operating systems, specifically Android and iOS, to help users decide which one is best for their needs. It offers an in-depth analysis of the features, capabilities, and user experience of each OS.

2. How does Android Wins determine which mobile OS is best?

Android Wins takes into account various factors such as user interface, customization options, app availability, security, and performance to determine which OS is best suited for different user preferences and needs.

3. Is Android Wins biased towards Android or iOS?

No, Android Wins aims to provide an unbiased and objective comparison of the two OS. The analysis is based on facts and data, and personal opinions are not involved in the evaluation process.

4. Can I trust the information provided by Android Wins?

Yes, all the information presented in Android Wins is thoroughly researched and verified by a team of experts. We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information to help users make informed decisions.

5. Is Android Wins helpful for people who are new to smartphones?

Yes, Android Wins is designed to be user-friendly and easy to understand, making it suitable for both novice and experienced smartphone users. It provides a comprehensive overview of the two OS, making it a great starting point for those new to smartphones.