Angle of incidence and emergent ray through a glass plate

  • Thread starter Thread starter franz32
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
franz32
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Hello guys!

I hope someone can help me here...

How do I compare the angle of incidence and the angle the emergent ray makes w/ the normal when a ray of light passes from air through a glass plate? From here, I can answer my other problems...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
They're equal. If you need any other angles, extend the rays on your sketch and use geometry to find what you need. Remember, if they give you the angle relative to the surface to use its complement as the angle of incidence.
 
Banana, he is talking about light passes through glass. You are talking about light reflecting on a mirror.

Franz, Look up index of refraction and snell's law.