Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another reason beards are awesome.

1. Oct 11, 2011 #1
    Hello!

Beards are awesome. There is no denying that a beard is the ultimate symbol, for men and women, of awesomeness. The most awesome and legendary of beards, is of course, that of Karl Marx. This is fact. Karl Marx's beard is also, although not fact but supported by strong evidence, believed to have had magical powers.

[URL]http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0213641/marx.jpg[/URL]
    Exhibit A: Karl Marx's beard.

I bring this up because today, walking past a building site; some, erm, 'person', left out a massive sheet of MDF leaning against a 'side support' which had a kind of opening with grating in it. This was on a walkway that went upwards on a steep slope, and therefore was quite high. It was windy, and this, combined with the open grating and the altitude, allowed the wind to sweep up the board and it hit me in the face and broke in half. Thats right. I broke a big sheet of MDF in half WITH MY FACE. It hurt.
    I subsequently went to the nurses office; and the nurse, who was very nice, on observing that the cuts I sustained were not too bad, remarked that :"I think your beard saved you".

Another reason beards are awesome.

Nobahar.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2011 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

4. Oct 11, 2011 #3

Ryan_m_b

Beards are the natural way of telling the world your face is so awesome it grows it's own clothes

5. Oct 11, 2011 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

:biggrin:

We should start a club.

The PF League of Extraordinarily Facially Gifted Gents

6. Oct 11, 2011 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I thought beards were a sign that the owner was embarrassed by a weak chin. Are you going to tell me I've had that wrong all these years? Hard to believe. :smile:

7. Oct 11, 2011 #6

Astronuc

My beard maybe older than most of the folks on PF. I haven't shaved since May, 1981.

I never did like shaving or wearing cologne.

8. Oct 11, 2011 #7

Ryan_m_b

There should definitely be a badge for that!

9. Oct 11, 2011 #8
    full beards obviously slow your reflexes. better to stick with the goatee. ;)>

10. Oct 11, 2011 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

[10 char]

Attached Files:

11. Oct 12, 2011 #10
    serious? yup, 4 yrs older than me.

12. Oct 12, 2011 #11

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Chuck Norris doesn't shave. His beard grows to the perfect length and stops.

(Besides, what known metal could possibly cut through Chuck Norris's beard?)

13. Oct 12, 2011 #12
    Those are some awesome beards; and if you don;t mind me saying, sir, you have a mighty fine beard yourself. If god had a beard, it would be like yours.
    Marx has a square beard, not many people can grow a square beard, plus his moustache demands a respect all of its own, independent of the beard, but at the same time in a single unified whole.

Something analogous to the The Handlebar Club of London:
    "The qualification for membership is:
    "a hirsute appendage of the upper lip, with graspable extremities"", however, "in addition, we specify that beards are not allowed."
    A rival beard club is in order. My beard is young and nascent; but, with care, attention and sage guidance from fellow bearded men, it will grow.

Epic beard Dave.

14. Oct 12, 2011 #13

DaveC426913

Gold Member

:like:
    :considers losing the beard just to join club:

15. Oct 12, 2011 #14
    Here's Bobby Fischer and his grandmaster beard.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook