Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS: What are vibrating feeder's boundary conditions?

1. Apr 26, 2015 #1
    I have created such vibrating feeder model on SW but on ANSYS I'm only analyzing the frame.
    upload_2015-4-26_22-58-12.png
    1)How do I set up boundary conditions, I think I need elastic supports?
    2)In modal analysis I have elastic, fixed supports, remote displacement - which should I use and in what directions?
    3)Do I perform modal analysis with the screens or without?
    4)Is there any way to input frequency parameters and find out fatigue?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. May 2, 2015 #3
    Hi Butters,

I would love to help you.
    But I don't understand your model. Can you upload more links or videos on what exactly is your "feeder"

5. May 3, 2015 #4
    RKD89, really the model is not that complicated. It consists of a simple through frame which is supported by 6 leaf springs at the bottom. Inside the through we have 4 waved plates (for transferred material alignment) which are fixed by the sides to the walls of the frame. The serrated plates are positioned in a way that each one is lower than the previous one creating down sloping steps.

model1.png

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook