Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming

1. May 4, 2014 #1
    Hi,

I want to make a script which will give message to a user as soon as we replace geometry in ansys workbench. Message will be about the material, A popup window will show default material is structural steel please assign appropriate material to all components.
    Will it be possible with APDL command ?. IF not how to do this with python/Jsscript.

Please guide me about this

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. Sep 8, 2014 #3
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I am new to apdl and scripting as well. I have made the simple simulation of one end fixed beam and load at another side and as a result i have got von mises stress(eqv stress) in WORKBENCH. And i have saved this process as .db file and then reopened in apdl.

Now I want to do post processing of nodal solution in apdl with scripting.

(1) How to generate an array filled with result of eqv stress at each node for only 1st load step.

(2) If there are 5 load steps and i want the whole result of 5 load step in a single array at all nodes.

How can i generate commands for this description ?

Thank in advance,
    Dhruv

5. Oct 3, 2014 #4
    Why don't you create a new thread instead of hijacking this one? Create a new thread with the all the proper information.

6. Oct 16, 2014 #5
    Hi,

CFDFEAGURU is right

I have some suggestion for dppatel, hereafter:

(1)
    Very easy reading Ansys help, the main commands I always used are the following:
    /post1
    *dim,... !to create array
    set,1 !to read 1st loadstep
    *get,toto,.... ! to save your component results in your array
    *cfopen,... !create a file for writting the results
    *cfwrite,... ! or vwrite command to write and save the results in a .txt file

*cfclos

(2)
    For n load step, I often used a loop with:
    *do,kk,1,n
    !(1) descibed above
    *enddo

7. Aug 29, 2016 #6
    HI,
    i was using ANSYS APDL 12 and there was a "design opt" in the main menu tree to the left. it s for design optimization. however now i built my model in ansys apdl 15 but there s no longer "design opt" in it. any ideas how to apply design optimization in apdl 15??
    thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted