ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of scripting to provide a message to users in ANSYS Workbench when replacing geometry. The poster asks about the possibility of using APDL command and receives guidance on using APDL and scripting for post-processing nodal solutions. The conversation also briefly touches on the topic of design optimization in ANSYS APDL 12 versus APDL 15.
bala
Hi,

I want to make a script which will give message to a user as soon as we replace geometry in ansys workbench. Message will be about the material, A popup window will show default material is structural steel please assign appropriate material to all components.
Will it be possible with APDL command ?. IF not how to do this with python/Jsscript.

Please guide me about this

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I am new to apdl and scripting as well. I have made the simple simulation of one end fixed beam and load at another side and as a result i have got von mises stress(eqv stress) in WORKBENCH. And i have saved this process as .db file and then reopened in apdl.

Now I want to do post processing of nodal solution in apdl with scripting.

(1) How to generate an array filled with result of eqv stress at each node for only 1st load step.

(2) If there are 5 load steps and i want the whole result of 5 load step in a single array at all nodes.

How can i generate commands for this description ?

Thank in advance,
Dhruv

Why don't you create a new thread instead of hijacking this one? Create a new thread with the all the proper information.

Hi,

CFDFEAGURU is right

I have some suggestion for dppatel, hereafter:

(1)
Very easy reading Ansys help, the main commands I always used are the following:
/post1
*dim,... !to create array
set,1 !to read 1st loadstep
*get,toto,... ! to save your component results in your array
*cfopen,... !create a file for writting the results
*cfwrite,... ! or vwrite command to write and save the results in a .txt file

*cfclos

(2)
For n load step, I often used a loop with:
*do,kk,1,n
!(1) descibed above
*enddo

HI,
i was using ANSYS APDL 12 and there was a "design opt" in the main menu tree to the left. it s for design optimization. however now i built my model in ansys apdl 15 but there s no longer "design opt" in it. any ideas how to apply design optimization in apdl 15??
thanks

1. What is ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming?

ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming is a software used for finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. It is a powerful tool for engineers and researchers to analyze and solve complex engineering problems.

2. What are the benefits of using ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming?

Some of the benefits of using ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming include its versatility in solving complex problems, its user-friendly interface, and its ability to handle large and detailed models. It also offers a wide range of analysis options and post-processing tools.

3. Is ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming suitable for beginners?

While ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming may seem intimidating at first, it is suitable for beginners. It offers a step-by-step tutorial and has a user-friendly interface that allows users to easily set up and run simulations without a deep understanding of programming or engineering concepts.

4. Can ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming be customized?

Yes, ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming can be customized to fit the specific needs of a project or user. It offers a wide range of tools and features that can be tailored to meet specific requirements, making it a versatile software for various industries and applications.

5. How can I learn ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming?

There are several ways to learn ANSYS Workbench/APDL Programming, including online tutorials, official training courses, and self-study using instructional materials and resources provided by ANSYS. It is also helpful to practice and apply the software to real-world problems to gain practical experience.