1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any recommended summer school for high energy physics?

1. Sep 11, 2015 #1
    Hi guys, my school will offer me an amount of money to have a summer exchange to do anything academic-related. I would like to apply for a summer school on HEP. Do there exist institute that offer summer program which specialized in HEP in the way similar to how Santa Fe Institute offer summer program on complex system?
    Btw, I am an undergraduate student who would like to make research on particle physics and string theory in the future

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2015 #2

fzero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Most of the organized schools I'm familiar with are geared toward graduate students. It would help to know if you are interested in theory or experiment. Also, your country of origin, or at least US/EU/developing country if you're unwilling to disclose too much personal data. For instance, in the US, there is something called Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), but I believe that it is limited to US citizens and permanent residents. For EU, CERN might have something and for developing countries you could try the ICTP in Trieste, Italy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook