Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone ever use a Labjack with LabVIEW?

1. Jun 6, 2007 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

If anyone has, then I sure can use some help. I'n trying to measure a voltaage with one of the inputs on the jack and I keep getting screwed up measurements since the Input always has some voltage on it no matter what. Even if I apply 0V to it, it will still measure around 1.28V. Does anyone here who has used this device have any idea how to fix this, or do I just have to nwork around it? Thanks alot.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I went to GD out of habit and posted here! Could someone please move this to the correct forum? Thanks again!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2007 #2
    Even if you ground it its still showing 1.2v?

What about when you hook up a voltage, does it scale linearly? (5v input shows 6.2v)?

I have some labview experience, but if youre getting readings perhaps its faulty or leaky hardware.

4. Jun 6, 2007 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thats the weird thing. When I hook up a voltage of 5V, the thing reads 5V!

I only see this other voltage when the applied voltage is small. I really have no idea whats wrong, here.

5. Feb 4, 2009 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?