1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anyone have an online set theory text?

1. Jan 24, 2008 #1
    I'm looking for a book that can stand as an introduction to axiomatic set theory (if it contains basic logic even better).

Only thing I need it to be in the public domain and freely available online, anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2008 #2
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. Jan 24, 2008 #3
    Thanks for that suggestion, but unfortunately it appears that book is not in the public domain. ): That looks like a great book though (I may get the hard copy at some point).

Anyone else have a link for a intro. to axiomatic set thoery which is in the public domain?
  5. Jan 24, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Jan 24, 2008 #5
    That one looks great, it appears to cover the everything I need, thanks for that!
  7. Jan 24, 2008 #6

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Try search the "tutorial" subforum.
  8. Jan 24, 2008 #7
    I have done so, but I do not see any that fit my requirements (am I missing some?).
  9. Jan 24, 2008 #8
    The Mileti looks good, but awfully dense as an introduction. You may want to consider the Patrick Suppes book, Axiomatic Set Theory, which is a Dover publication and which is less than $15.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?