Anyone have an online set theory text?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm looking for a book that can stand as an introduction to axiomatic set theory (if it contains basic logic even better).

Only thing I need it to be in the public domain and freely available online, anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!

Answers and Replies

Thanks for that suggestion, but unfortunately it appears that book is not in the public domain. ): That looks like a great book though (I may get the hard copy at some point).

Anyone else have a link for a intro. to axiomatic set thoery which is in the public domain?

morphism
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
There's this: http://www.math.uchicago.edu/~mileti/teaching/math278/settheory.pdf [Broken], found through Google. I haven't used it though, so can't comment on whether it's good or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
That one looks great, it appears to cover the everything I need, thanks for that!

malawi_glenn
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Try search the "tutorial" subforum.

I have done so, but I do not see any that fit my requirements (am I missing some?).

The Mileti looks good, but awfully dense as an introduction. You may want to consider the Patrick Suppes book, Axiomatic Set Theory, which is a Dover publication and which is less than $15.